State of GA - Rental property mortgage question

State of GA - Rental property mortgage question

Columbus, GA · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 5 votes

Does anyone know if a landlord can claim homestead exemption on non-owner occupied rental property in GA?

I didn't think so, but the closing documents from the attorney on my last house contained a reminder note to file for homestead exemption prior to a certain date next year.

Thanks

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 91 posts · 67 votes
    9y

    Homestead is only applied to "Primary Resident". When I moved and turned the previous house into rental, I had to remove the HS with the county in order apply one for the new place - Perhaps the closing note was a mass reminder, since most purchasers is home-owner.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.