Devon, PA · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 23 votes
Hello,
I need to file Tax returns for 2016. I have an LLC partnership formed in 2016. Can you give some reference to an experienced Tax CPA with Real Estate knowledge with reasonable fees? I am based in PA.
Accountant, Enrolled Agent · Grayslake, IL · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y
I have a few colleagues in PA that I can refer you to. What major city are you near?
You definitely need someone qualified, does not have to be a CPA, could be an Enrolled Agent or an attorney. Just make sure they specialize in tax and have significant experience dealing with real estate investors.
Here is a great list of questions to ask a potential accountant: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/51/topics/70447-questions-to-ask-a-cpa
Also check out the www.NAEA.org page in your search. It should help you find someone local. If someone comes to me, I'll send them your way.
If you need help in your search or want to verify something don't hesitate to ask.
For example: I have clients worldwide and things are just as easy as I e-mail them, talking on the phone. I even use Skype and TeamViewer to communicate with clients so I'd highly recommend looking for one of the best with great references that interviews well with you.
So look for someone you can connect with that works out for your situation.
I'm house hacking a duplex with my wife and I spoke with 6 CPAs I found here on BP. I ended up going with @Daniel Hyman because he was knowledgeable, experienced, easy to talk to, and it sounded like we'd get a good value with him.
Communication was solid and timely throughout the process, but he also didn’t send excessive emails. I also never had to meet with him. Uploading documents through his portal was simple. We ended up with a pretty big refund, but that’s obviously specific to our situation. I’d recommend him though if you’re looking for a real estate-focused accountant who works remotely.