Bought from wholesaler lots of stuff in property

Bought from wholesaler lots of stuff in property

Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2010 · 71 posts · 14 votes

Hi, I purchased a property from a wholesaler who kept telling the sellers to get their stuff out and they did not.   So now I have a property that I just closed on that has a tv, sofa, beds, entertainment system, all sorts of stuff.   Do I legally own that stuff now and I can sell it?   The property is in Jacksonville FL.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

0Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    Good question. I'm curious about that also. I assume you own it but assuming wouldn't be the way to go. Lol

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2010 · 71 posts · 14 votes
    9y

    Yes, I own it.  

  • Investor · Las Vegas. Jacksonville, Bay Area Ca, Nv, Ca, Fl · Member since 2015 · 511 posts · 220 votes
    9y

    @Howard Greisman, It's yours to do what you wish, as long as it was the  sellers and not a tenant's .  I once bought a property from a wholesaler that had items from the the floor to the ceiling. The prior owner was addicted  to the shopping networks on TV, I guess that's where their money went instead of mortgage ( foreclosed) . I have been selling off the items for 2yrs now with still tons of items left.

  • Real Estate Broker · MI · Member since 2014 · 594 posts · 183 votes
    9y
    Howard Greisman congrats! Other people's stuff! Now change the locks and put an alarm system in. It's all yours! You could use it to your advantage to increase your rent.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.