EIN - LLC physical address for rental property?

EIN - LLC physical address for rental property?

Rental Property Investor · Metro Detroit · Member since 2015 · 83 posts · 17 votes

Hey BP folks,

So I have created an LLC for my rental property, and needing to set up an EIN number for the business bank account.

I am currently using a third party as my registered agent.  

When I go to set up my EIN, one of the question asks for the LLC physical address. Would I be able to use the registered agents physical address for this? Or would I need to use either the rental property address or my personal address?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! 

0Reply
114 views

Most Popular Reply

Attorney · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2025 · 69 posts · 91 votes
1y

I recommend utilizing the business address that you used when you filed the LLC with the state. The EIN application also allows you to put in an alternate address for mailing. If the LLC is out of state and you don't have regular access to it, then I'd recommend using either your home address or getting a P.O. Box to receive mail. I wouldn't recommend using the property address as the mailing address, as then your tenants would be the ones receiving it.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lance LvovskyPro Member
    Accountant · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 753 votes
    8y

    You don't have to use the rental property address. You can put your address, or it can be the same as your mailing address.

  • Audrey SommerPro Member
    Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    what if you live out of state? Since it's asking for the physical address/location of my LLC, I don't know if my out of state home address would be appropriate. Thanks

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Samuel S.:

    Hey BP folks,

    So I have created an LLC for my rental property, and needing to set up an EIN number for the business bank account.

    I am currently using a third party as my registered agent.  

    When I go to set up my EIN, one of the question asks for the LLC physical address. Would I be able to use the registered agents physical address for this? Or would I need to use either the rental property address or my personal address?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! 


     I use my personal address as if I get something from the government I do not want it going anywhere but to me.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Attorney · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2025 · 69 posts · 91 votes
    1y

    I recommend utilizing the business address that you used when you filed the LLC with the state. The EIN application also allows you to put in an alternate address for mailing. If the LLC is out of state and you don't have regular access to it, then I'd recommend using either your home address or getting a P.O. Box to receive mail. I wouldn't recommend using the property address as the mailing address, as then your tenants would be the ones receiving it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.