Living & Business based in CA - Which State is best for LLC?
Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
Hi all,
Here is my information pertaining to my question of which state is the best to start an LLC in:
- The business will be selling dried fruit.
- The location of preparation, packaging and shipping of the product is in California (at least initially, run from out of my house).
- I will be the only employee (most likely for several years anyway).
- Business will be conducted online only, selling to anyone living in the U.S., Canada or Mexico (initially limited to these county's due to shipping scales of economy, to be expanded elsewhere if I can get shipping costs down).
I ask this question for the purposes of:
- Paying the lowest LLC start up and recurring costs related to the LLC.
- Having the least amount of paperwork required to start, and maintain the LLC.
- Having the most comprehensive protection for such a business (& of course, for me the individual owner of the LLC).
Aside from the LLC, I will get a CA class a cottage food permit and of course pay CA taxes. This question isn't regarding trying to get out of paying those.
With that in mind, would filling the LLC in Wyoming, Delaware or Nevada be more advantageous to filing in California?