BRRR funds in own name, what happens with LLC?

BRRR funds in own name, what happens with LLC?

Rental Property Investor · Augusta, GA · Member since 2017 · 825 posts · 278 votes

I'm buying a house for cash using funds from my personal accounts. My plan is to buy the property in my LLC name. When I refi, am I going to run into legal issues taking the cash back into my personal account? Should I write it up as some sort of loan to the LLC?

0Reply
7 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    What is the LLC's tax status? Disregarded entity, partnership, C Corp, S Corp?

  • Rental Property Investor · Augusta, GA · Member since 2017 · 825 posts · 278 votes
    8y

    Hi @Eamonn McElroy

    Single owner, LLC, disregarded entity.

  • Accountant · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Easiest to just code cash in as "owner's contribution" and cash out as "owner's distribution" on the balance sheet.  No need for a loan.  No tax effect.

    Shouldn't create legal issues but I'm not an attorney.  Cash out refis are common.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.