If filing a new contract extension,can I change date on 1st form?

If filing a new contract extension,can I change date on 1st form?

Specialist · Hendersonville, NC · Member since 2018 · 159 posts · 23 votes

I might need to file another contract extension. We've already filed one. My question is this: 

On the first extension we made, can I just scratch out the date, write the date of the next month, and have everyone date and initial beside it?

Or should I create a whole new extension and have everyone sign and date again?

Everyone is on the same page.

Thanks.

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y

    @Ben Gabin just out of curiosity do you post a new thread on BP each time you have a super specific question?

    This sort of question is best to just ask to the attorney/title company doing the paperwork. Have you asked them? I’m guessing it’s fine to do what you suggested, unless a lender is involved. Then they’d have to probably sign off on it too.

    I had a situation like this a couple weeks ago. Seller agreed verbally to mild seller credit. Instead of drawing up an addendum and having everyone sign it, I just asked the attorney and they said yeah that’s fine. They just changed the closing documents.

    Last fall I was a seller and I did my own property sale. We just verbally changed the close date and it was all fine. No addendum necessary.

    Long story short just ask your title company

  • Specialist · Hendersonville, NC · Member since 2018 · 159 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    @Caleb Heimsoth

    I suppose so. Isn’t that what this community is for?

    Thanks for your reply. I’ll reach out about it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    @Caleb Heimsoth

    I suppose so. Isn’t that what this community is for?

    Thanks for your reply. I’ll reach out about it.

    Yes I guess but how can you do quick efficient deals if you have to wait for people to respond to your question online? 

    No one responded but me.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.