My LLC charging my S Corporation rent

My LLC charging my S Corporation rent

Property Manager · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes

I have two businesses. One is an LLC real estate company and the other is a S corporation. If I I own my own office, can my LLC charge my S corporation rent so that it would be tax-deductible for my S corporation but income for my LLC?

0Reply
12 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Yes, assuming the LLC owns the building it can lease it to your S Corp. It's called a "self-rental".

    You'll want to rope in your CPA as there are intricacies involved with the passive activity loss rules and the new QBI deduction when a self-rental is involved.

  • Property Manager · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks Eamonn!   I will talk to my cpa about this.  Thanks so much for your help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.