How well do you know your legal council

How well do you know your legal council

Developer · Baltimore · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Good Evening Bigger pockets

My name is Jay Richardson, I’m a real estate developer here in the Baltimore area. Looking for experienced legal council in real estate. Who knows contingencies and addendums that should be included to protect yourself in wholesale transactions here in MD.

0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2015 · 155 posts · 166 votes
    6y

    I'm a full-time wholesaler here in Baltimore and have seen many types of contracts being used for wholesale deals. Unfortunately, many of them are too simple at one page and leave too many openings for legal problems. And there are others that are so complex they may scare off the seller. Many "gurus" sell contracts and that is how I started out, but have since greatly modified the contract that I bought as I encountered real-world problems not covered in the usual training manuals.

    Full disclosure: I am the co-founder and president of MAREIA, a local Real Estate Investors Association in the Baltimore area. You may want to attend meetings where you can meet other investors and get their opinions on the best way to do wholesaling in Maryland. And you can meet other investors of all types (who could be your potential buyers) as well as agents, lenders, contractors, etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.