Real Estate Attorney Pensacola Florida ?

Real Estate Attorney Pensacola Florida ?

Rental Property Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote

Good Evening,
I'm at the beginning steps of a deal on a occupied duplex. I am using a FHA loan, but can not evict in Florida. I would like to contact an Attorney in that area.

Best Regards,

Scott

1Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 7 votes
6y

She's pretty busy these days but i'd call & check with Kerry Anne Schultz with Schultz Law Group. 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    DO NOT use Taylor & Van Matre, P.A. had a bad experience with them. You my try Bill Farrington > https://www.wilsonharrell-law....

  • Rental Property Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Scott Thompson Thank so much for the heads up. I appreciate your help.

  • Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    She's pretty busy these days but i'd call & check with Kerry Anne Schultz with Schultz Law Group. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Jeoff Brown Thank you Sir, Greatly appreciated..

  • Realtor · Concord, CA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Scott T.

    Hi Scott, I’m considering buying a investment property out in Pensacola and I came across your post, just curious as to why you were not able to evict? Are the tenant laws strict in Florida? It was there some other specific situation that was the problem?

    Any advice is greatly appreciated!

    - Alex Lopez

  • Rental Property Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @ Alex Lopez

    Hey Alex, at the time there was a freeze on evictions in the state of Florida because of Covid. That deal ended up falling through because some tenants know that they can't get evicted even when they're not paying rent. I may be wrong but I believe that the eviction freeze is "suppose" to end on December 31st 2020.

    I hope it helps....

    Hit me up if you come to town...

    Be well,

    Scott

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2015 · 220 posts · 99 votes
    5y

    Hey @Scott T. is there any other way you could evict the tenants?    I know the rule is no tenants are required to pay rent this year, but I was  just able to evict one this year because they were on a month to month lease. I chose not renew that M2M lease when I took ownership.    Maybe you could catch them with a dog or extra occupants not specified in the lease.   Just a thought!   P.S.  I am moving to Pensacola next week and looking to meet investors in the area  as well!

  • Rental Property Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Michael Hamby

    Good morning Michael,

    The seller wasn't interested in putting any effort towards getting the tenants out. As it was an FHA loan , it was a little sticky because I was going to have to occupy 1 of the units. And at that point in time I did not want to take the risk of not being able to evict either tenant, even though neither had paid their rent or water bills in months..

    At the time of the negotiation I had just moved to Pensacola a month prior. I did not want to live next to nor be the landlord to Deadbeats on my first deal in the area...

    So I listened to the universe and moved on...

    Good luck on your move and keep in touch...

    Best Regards,

    Scott

  • Rental Property Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Michael Hamby

    Good morning Michael,

    The seller wasn't interested in putting any effort towards getting the tenants out. As it was an FHA loan , it was a little sticky because I was going to have to occupy 1 of the units. And at that point in time I did not want to take the risk of not being able to evict either tenant, even though neither had paid their rent or water bills in months..

    At the time of the negotiation I had just moved to Pensacola a month prior. I did not want to live next to nor be the landlord to Deadbeats on my first deal in the area...

    So I listened to the universe and moved on...

    Good luck on your move and keep in touch...

    Best Regards,

    Scott

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2015 · 220 posts · 99 votes
    5y
    Makes sense!  Thanks for sharing!

    Originally posted by @Scott T.:

    @Michael Hamby

    Good morning Michael,

    The seller wasn't interested in putting any effort towards getting the tenants out. As it was an FHA loan , it was a little sticky because I was going to have to occupy 1 of the units. And at that point in time I did not want to take the risk of not being able to evict either tenant, even though neither had paid their rent or water bills in months..

    At the time of the negotiation I had just moved to Pensacola a month prior. I did not want to live next to nor be the landlord to Deadbeats on my first deal in the area...

    So I listened to the universe and moved on...

    Good luck on your move and keep in touch...

    Best Regards,

    Scott

  • Rental Property Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Alex Lopez

    Hey Alex, at the time there was a freeze on evictions in the state of Florida because of Covid. That deal ended up falling through because some tenants know that they can't get evicted even when they're not paying rent. I may be wrong but I believe that the eviction freeze is "suppose" to end on December 31st 2020.

    I hope it helps....

    Hit me up if you come to town...

    Be well,

    Scott

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.