Do I need a real estate licence to invest?

Do I need a real estate licence to invest?

San Bernardino CA · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 4 votes

Young 18 year old here...do I need a real estate licence to invest in the future in real estate? Im from California though I'm possibly will go to the navy and will do my research about out of state investing while my time in the military since I've Seen investors point out there is a lot of potential such as better cash flow and I strongly agree.

I feel like I'm getting to a process of learning and earning I know I can be earning more money with a civilian job though taking full advantage of my skill job and other things in the navy i can be better off.

0Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y
Originally posted by @Emily Moncada:

Young 18 year old here...do I need a real estate licence to invest in the future in real estate? Im from California though I'm possibly will go to the navy and will do my research about out of state investing while my time in the military since I've Seen investors point out there is a lot of potential such as better cash flow and I strongly agree.

I feel like I'm getting to a process of learning and earning I know I can be earning more money with a civilian job though taking full advantage of my skill job and other things in the navy i can be better off.

Do you want to sell real estate as a living / job? No, then no.

I bought my first 3 deals through another agent in and it worked out well! However I have decided to become an agent because I absolutely love talking, breathing, and speaking about Real Estate, so naturally I want to help other buy & sell it. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Emily Moncada:

    Young 18 year old here...do I need a real estate licence to invest in the future in real estate? Im from California though I'm possibly will go to the navy and will do my research about out of state investing while my time in the military since I've Seen investors point out there is a lot of potential such as better cash flow and I strongly agree.

    I feel like I'm getting to a process of learning and earning I know I can be earning more money with a civilian job though taking full advantage of my skill job and other things in the navy i can be better off.

    Do you want to sell real estate as a living / job? No, then no.

    I bought my first 3 deals through another agent in and it worked out well! However I have decided to become an agent because I absolutely love talking, breathing, and speaking about Real Estate, so naturally I want to help other buy & sell it. 

  • Realtor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2019 · 97 posts · 109 votes
    6y

    Being a real estate agent gives you access to deals.  You will get your hands on them before anyone, generally.  It will cost you money and time to get and maintain.  In my first year I spent about 3k just in classes and fees.  Each state and firm is different though.  I would not have gotten my license if I was only going to use it to invest.  If I didn't have systems in place and a very solid team, doing a real estate transaction can be confusing and very time consuming.  That said, being a real estate agent is fun.  It is all about solving problems for people.   

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    6y

    no

  • Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Hi Emily

    I wish I had started at your age, I am in OC but I have investments in San Bernadino . I am not a licensed realtor, I think it is better if you are not licensed but it makes finding deals a but harder. Good Luck, Remember is always about the deal If you find a good enough deal you can always find the money. Bob 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.