Referral for Tax/Legal Strategy Advisor

Referral for Tax/Legal Strategy Advisor

Alexandria, VA · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello, BiggerPockets community! I recently joined BP and I'm just starting to seriously work toward purchasing real estate for steady, residual cash flow. I live in the DC area and I currently own shares in a co-op and am looking to purchase my first out-of-state property, likely in the Birmingham, Al or Cleveland, OH areas. Before I get too deep into things, I'd like to talk to a tax advisor or CPA/accountant experienced with out-of-state investments to help me build a strong investment/tax foundation and help advise on future plans. Please let me know if you have a referral I can contact. Thank you. Looking forward to learning and growing!

    1Reply
    19 views

    3 Replies

    Jump to latestLatest
    • Rental Property Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2019 · 76 posts · 43 votes
      5y

      I don't know much about SFR but you might try Poythress, Hughett & Mathews. My firm only works in MF, so I can only say that they have been outstanding for us! David Hughett is the partner who specializes in real estate. Good luck!

    • Alexandria, VA · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote
      5y

      Thanks, Brian! I'll give them a call.

    • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
      5y

      Feel free to reach out!

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.