Looking to refinance from an arm portfolio loan

Looking to refinance from an arm portfolio loan

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Looking to refinance from an arm portfolio loan where I can lower my rate. I have very little equity in my two rental units(6 doors) but I could use my personal home which is paid off as equity. Looking to refi ASAP

0Reply
108 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @John Herlihy:

    Looking to refinance from an arm portfolio loan where I can lower my rate. I have very little equity in my two rental units(6 doors) but I could use my personal home which is paid off as equity. Looking to refi ASAP

    Hey @John Herlihy, welcome to the BP Forum! Have you looked at getting a HELOC on your personal residence?

  • Lender · Charleston, SC · Member since 2025 · 35 posts · 4 votes
    10mo

    Send over a message would love to connect with you on this!

  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10mo

    @Jaycee Greene leaning toward that yes. Taking applications if you are interested 

  • Lender · Member since 2021 · 495 posts · 130 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @John Herlihy:

    Looking to refinance from an arm portfolio loan where I can lower my rate. I have very little equity in my two rental units(6 doors) but I could use my personal home which is paid off as equity. Looking to refi ASAP

    Can you rate and term the debt with the little equity? Happy to chat!
  • G. Brian DavisPro Member
    Investor · Hatboro, PA · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 861 votes
    10mo

    Using your paid-off primary home as collateral could be a smart way to refinance your rentals and lower your rate, especially since they have little equity. Just be aware it increases personal risk, so ensure your cash flow and reserves can handle any gaps.

  • Jake YuskaitisBusiness Member
    Lender · New Jersey, USA · Member since 2022 · 254 posts · 67 votes
    10mo

    if you can, do them separately. never do a portfolio loan. too much legal risk and restrictions on how you can manage the loans.

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @John Herlihy:

    Looking to refinance from an arm portfolio loan where I can lower my rate. I have very little equity in my two rental units(6 doors) but I could use my personal home which is paid off as equity. Looking to refi ASAP


     Did you end up finding a solution?

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • J CastroBusiness Member
    Lender · Florida · Member since 2025 · 697 posts · 252 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @John Herlihy:

    Looking to refinance from an arm portfolio loan where I can lower my rate. I have very little equity in my two rental units(6 doors) but I could use my personal home which is paid off as equity. Looking to refi ASAP

    Hey @John Herlihy, welcome to the BP!

    How low is the equity on your 2 rentals? Would you have time to jump on a brief call and discus your scenario? I'd be happy to chat!

    JCREIG Capital Funding
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.