Hello everyone im looking to start real estate investing locally and im looking for a mentor or someone local to help me out on what I should be doing I’d like to connect with as many investors as possible locally to get the guidance I need I’m currently looking into multi family properties in advance thank you
Rental Property Investor · Clinton, MA · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 26 votes
6mo
Hey Ricardo — welcome to the world of real estate investing.
A great first step is finding local real estate meetups and investor events in your area. You’ll meet a lot of people there—new and experienced investors, lenders, contractors, and agents. It’s one of the easiest ways to start learning and building connections.
I’d also suggest talking with a few real estate agents and seeing who you click with. Ideally someone who understands investment properties or owns a few rentals themselves. The right agent can help you look at deals, run numbers, and avoid beginner mistakes.
One thing to keep in mind: the people who can really help you are usually pretty busy. The best way to get their time is to show that you’re serious—ask good questions, do some homework on your end, and look for ways you can add value where possible.
If you stay around the right people and keep learning, things start to make a lot more sense pretty quickly.
Hello everyone im looking to start real estate investing locally and im looking for a mentor or someone local to help me out on what I should be doing I’d like to connect with as many investors as possible locally to get the guidance I need I’m currently looking into multi family properties in advance thank you
Your success will depend on knowledge, access to capital, tenacity and patience. The Tucson market is certainly large enough. You just need to be smart about how you go about marketing and selecting properties.
Uniontown, OH · Member since 2015 · 36 posts · 7 votes
4mo
Welcome to the game. One thing that helped me early was learning how to analyze deals fast and consistently before getting emotionally attached to them. Multifamily can be great, but the numbers have to make sense from day one.
I actually built a simple tool that helps quickly break down ROI, cash needed, rehab estimates, and compare deals side-by-side. I've been using it for properties here in Ohio while learning the business myself. Happy to share if you're interested.
Biggest advice starting out:
Network with local investors/realtors
Walk as many properties as possible
Learn financing and rehab costs
Underwrite everything, even deals you don’t buy
You’ll learn faster from analyzing 100 deals than watching 100 videos. Good luck man.
Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 425 posts · 117 votes
4mo
Hey Ricardo welcome.
Good move focusing on connecting locally early on. A lot of real progress in this business comes from being around active investors, seeing deals, and learning how people actually analyze opportunities in your market.
Hello everyone im looking to start real estate investing locally and im looking for a mentor or someone local to help me out on what I should be doing I’d like to connect with as many investors as possible locally to get the guidance I need I’m currently looking into multi family properties in advance thank you
Hi Ricardo, connecting with local investors is a great first step. Since you're looking at multifamily, I'd also suggest reviewing financing early so you understand down payment, reserves, rents, expenses, and what type of property can actually qualify. We work with investor financing/DSCR scenarios and would be happy to be a resource as you start evaluating deals.
Hello everyone im looking to start real estate investing locally and im looking for a mentor or someone local to help me out on what I should be doing I’d like to connect with as many investors as possible locally to get the guidance I need I’m currently looking into multi family properties in advance thank you
Hey Ricardo — I'm a lender and local Arizona investor, happy to connect.
Multifamily is a great place to start, especially if you're thinking about house hacking a 2-4 unit — low down payment, rental income helps you qualify, and you're building a portfolio from day one.
I work with a lot of first-time investors and can help you think through the financing side when you're ready. Feel free to reach out directly.