CPA in Massachusetts

CPA in Massachusetts

Dan WeberBusiness Member
Realtor · Portland, ME · Member since 2015 · 656 posts · 552 votes

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a CPA in Massachusetts that has deals with real estate investors/agents. I am looking to do some tax planning/prep before the year ends and would like to speak with someone. I have my normal W2 salary, commission earnings as an agent, as well as the purchase of a two-family this year with a 203k loan to deal with this season for taxes. As someone with very little experience in the tax world, all of those things in one year seems extremely complicated and I want to prepare accordingly. Any suggestions or referrals would be great! I work in Boston and live on the North Shore. Thanks everyone!

0Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Bruno C.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Providence, RI · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 41 votes
8y

@Dan Weber You may want to reach out to @Brandon Hall who is well known on this site for being an established CPA - and I can personally recommend him from my own positive experience working with him. 

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Dan Weber:

    Hey everyone. I'm looking for a CPA in Massachusetts that has deals with real estate investors/agents. I am looking to do some tax planning/prep before the year ends and would like to speak with someone. I have my normal W2 salary, commission earnings as an agent, as well as the purchase of a two-family this year with a 203k loan to deal with this season for taxes. As someone with very little experience in the tax world, all of those things in one year seems extremely complicated and I want to prepare accordingly. Any suggestions or referrals would be great! I work in Boston and live on the North Shore. Thanks everyone!

     I can recommend Izzy Zuber, CPA in Brookline. Very knowledgeable in real estate, and very honest.  Two-person operation, not some big firm who doesn't remember your name. Best of luck Daniel

  • Real Estate Agent · Newburyport, MA · Member since 2015 · 68 posts · 12 votes
    8y

    I use Steve Farrar, let him know I recommended him and he'll take good care of you! 

    https://www.farrargatesgreen.com/

  • Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 319 posts · 80 votes
    8y

    @Dan Weber If you end up needing a third option, let me know. My CPA is out of Dedham, but deals remotely. I wouldn't want to handle those filings either! Lol

  • Rob D.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 67 posts · 33 votes
    8y
    @patrick who do you use? I'm nearby.
  • Dan WeberBusiness Member
    OP
    Realtor · Portland, ME · Member since 2015 · 656 posts · 552 votes
    8y

    Thank you everyone for the suggestions!

  • Property Manager · Windsor Locks, CT · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Also give @Vlad K. a call. I met with him for about 3 hours yesterday. He really knows his stuff!

  • Realtor · Glastonbury, CT · Member since 2017 · 62 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    Thank you @Filipe Pereira!

    @Dan Weber, I would be happy to talk and help you.

  • Bruno C.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Providence, RI · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 41 votes
    8y

    @Dan Weber You may want to reach out to @Brandon Hall who is well known on this site for being an established CPA - and I can personally recommend him from my own positive experience working with him. 

  • Real Estate Broker · SCRANTON, PA · Member since 2017 · 39 posts · 11 votes
    8y
    Major shortage here in the Big Apple / NYC. You guys should think about getting licensed here. We could use some on Bigger Pockets.
  • Realtor · Glastonbury, CT · Member since 2017 · 62 posts · 44 votes
    8y

    Hi @Steven Perre I lot of folks are willing to work remotely. 

    I would gladly talk to you about filling the void in the Big Apple / NYC. Cheers!

  • Rob D.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 67 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    @Vlad, please reach out to me, I'd love to have a chat.

  • Quincy, MA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Dan Weber who did you use as a contractor for the 203k loan and how did you find them?  I was looking at doing a 203k loan a property but had a hard time finding a contractor who was qualified, reliable, and willing but not overly expensive.  Did you find a CPA you like?

  • Dan WeberBusiness Member
    OP
    Realtor · Portland, ME · Member since 2015 · 656 posts · 552 votes
    7y

    @Steven Burke I use @Nicholas Aiola as my CPA. Message me for 203k contractor info.

  • West Bridgewater, MA · Member since 2017 · 81 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    @Patrick Wheeler could you message me your CPA, I’m nearby and looking for a good one that deals remotely. Thanks 

  • Billerica, MA · Member since 2016 · 23 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    @John Menton, @Rob D., @Steven Burke

    Hi John, Rob, Steven - who have you been using for your CPA?  I am in MA and looking for one. Would you mind sharing your contacts?  Thank you!

    • Rob D.Pro Member
      Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 67 posts · 33 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Neel Shah:

      @John Menton, @Rob D., @Steven Burke

      Hi John, Rob, Steven - who have you been using for your CPA?  I am in MA and looking for one. Would you mind sharing your contacts?  Thank you!


       I use Geertax out of Rochester NY. He's been pretty good.

  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Hi @Neel Shah, I am a bookkeeper in Billerica and i recommend Jay Moriarty over at Moriarty CPA in Woburn.

    He is great.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.