Help Me Paint My House...Win Free Books

Help Me Paint My House...Win Free Books

J ScottPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes

Looking for input, and my partner suggested a BiggerPockets contest...

We're getting into the final stretch of our new construction project, and we're trying to figure out a color scheme for the exterior of the house. I'm open to suggestions, and if we go with any of them (or whoever gives us the closest to what we end up choosing) will get a free copy of my books.

Here is what we're looking for:

1. Siding Color

2. Trim Color

3. Front Door Color

4. Color of Batten Board Above Front Porch

Here is what the house currently looks like...it's located in a small street in downtown Atlanta:

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
13y

The title of this thread reminded me of Tom Sawyer and the whitewashing of the fence...I thought J was going to have 30 BP members over painting his house this weekend.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tellico Plains, TN · Member since 2013 · 41 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    I think a grey stone siding with aspen white trim, doors, window trim, and batten would look good. Makes it a little bit darker than the house next to it without losing the eye-catching appeal of having a white trim. I always considered pure white to be a turn off trim wise since it shows dirt so easily. I always liked the theory of as little white as possible but retaining a small amount for the clean "eye catching" glimmer it provides, especially on sunny days.

  • Mike HurneyPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 542 votes
    13y

    @J Scott OK Tom Sawyer.

    Next we'll be paying you, for us to paint it!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2013 · 246 posts · 75 votes
    13y

    What do the other houses looks like?

    Personally I'd go with the same colors, just newer looking.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Challenge accepted @J Scott ...below I put together 4 color schemes for you with modern/historical traditional colors. My favorites are 2 and 4, but that's me, I am a green and gray girl and I LOVE dark stained wood doors. So I hope these help!

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    The title of this thread reminded me of Tom Sawyer and the whitewashing of the fence...I thought J was going to have 30 BP members over painting his house this weekend.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Haha @James Vermillion....I thought the same thing. I thought J was having a painting party!

  • Rental Property Investor · AZ · Member since 2013 · 213 posts · 50 votes
    13y

    My choice is pale blue/sky blue/light gray-blue with cream trim, dark gray batten board, dark wooden front door.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2010 · 325 posts · 335 votes
    13y

    I think @Nicole Pettis wins for effort! Here's my vote.

    @J Scott if we help with the actual painting of the house, can we get an autographed copy?

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Todd Whiddon:
    I think @Nicole Pettis wins for effort! Here's my vote.
    @J Scott if we help with the actual painting of the house, can we get an autographed copy?

    Personally, I think this color scheme is horrendous, but since you're my partner on the project, and because I don't even know the phone number for the painters we're using, I guess you win... :-)

    That said, if I did have the painter's phone number, I'd be telling him to go with one of Nicole's color schemes, so I definitely agree that she wins the books!

    Nicole - PM me your address and I'll get those books shipped out to you...

    And thanks everyone for the great suggestions!!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
    13y

    Thank you @J Scott & @Todd Whiddon! Can't wait to see the finished house

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.