Accountant / RE Agent recommendations in Los Angeles area?

Accountant / RE Agent recommendations in Los Angeles area?

Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 3 votes

I'm in the process of buying a second home in Big Bear, CA that I plan to use for personal use but primarily as a STR. I have a few questions about liability protection, insurance I should purchase, and the tax implications of purchasing my home in my name. Before listing my property on Airbnb, I want to make sure I have my team lined up.


Anyone have any good recommendations for an accountant/RE agent in the LA area? Thanks!

1Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2021 · 94 posts · 29 votes
3y

Hey Devin, I'm a commercial agent here in LA, but I often dabble in the outside tourist markets like Big Bear, Joshua Tree, etc. for short term rentals. I can connect you with a local CPA who can help with the tax questions, while we gameplan your purchase. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2021 · 94 posts · 29 votes
    3y

    Hey Devin, I'm a commercial agent here in LA, but I often dabble in the outside tourist markets like Big Bear, Joshua Tree, etc. for short term rentals. I can connect you with a local CPA who can help with the tax questions, while we gameplan your purchase. 

  • CPA and Attorney · San Diego, attorney · Member since 2022 · 301 posts · 219 votes
    3y

    @Devin Arrigo

    I know a bunch of CPAs in the San Diego area if you're willing to work remotely.  Note that generally liability protection is more in the attorney realm than CPA realm.  You'll also likely want to consider an estate plan if you don't have one in place yet.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 77 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Devin Arrigo:

    I'm in the process of buying a second home in Big Bear, CA that I plan to use for personal use but primarily as a STR. I have a few questions about liability protection, insurance I should purchase, and the tax implications of purchasing my home in my name. Before listing my property on Airbnb, I want to make sure I have my team lined up.


    Anyone have any good recommendations for an accountant/RE agent in the LA area? Thanks!


     Sounds like you need a good insurance agent too, if you need one I can connect you with Kady on my team. 

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Katie Balatbat:

    @Devin Arrigo

    I know a bunch of CPAs in the San Diego area if you're willing to work remotely.  Note that generally liability protection is more in the attorney realm than CPA realm.  You'll also likely want to consider an estate plan if you don't have one in place yet.

    @Katie Balatbat Thanks for the reply! I'm very open to working remotely with a CPY. I'll shoot you a dm!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.