New Home Equity Loan after Quit Claim to LLC

New Home Equity Loan after Quit Claim to LLC

Real Estate Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2008 · 37 posts · 7 votes

Hey everybody,

I've held an investment property (4-plex) for years and have built up some equity.  I'd like to access this equity through a Home Equity Loan (HEL) and use it to make downpayment on another investment property purchase (12 unit bldg).

I bought this 4-plex in my personal name with a conventional mortgage . After closing, I quit claimed it to an LLC.

Does this sound familiar?  Pretty common strategy as I understand.

Does anyone know if I'll have to quit claim it back to my personal name in order to obtain a HEL?   Or, can I avoid the quit claim back?   

Also, if anyone has recommendations for HEL providers, I'm just starting my search.

Thanks in advance,

Todd

1Reply
20 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Bryn Mawr, PA · Member since 2023 · 409 posts · 321 votes
    2y

    Do you have a relationship with a local commercial banker?  You will need it for your next purchase anyway  

  • Real Estate Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2008 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    2y

    Thanks for replies so far!  Seems I missed an important details, my bad.  

    The mortgage is still in my personal name.  Quit claim was just for public records.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.