Best way to establish a $100k credit line?

Best way to establish a $100k credit line?

Member since 2026 · 13 posts · 12 votes

I’m looking to set up a flexible credit line or short-term financing option with minimal out-of-pocket costs until I actually need to draw the funds. Ideally, I’d like to have access to the money within 48 hours of requesting it. I’m happy to complete all the necessary paperwork and legwork upfront.

I’m only looking to borrow for a short period — likely 3 to 12 months.

Last week, a builder I’ve purchased from before contacted me about a home they’re willing to sell below market value to meet their quarterly targets. They were very negotiable on my last transaction with them, but I’m not certain this opportunity will occur again. Because of that, I’d prefer to avoid significant upfront fees for establishing the credit line.

My primary residence is fully paid off, and I also own several rental properties. I'd be open to a HELOC if that makes sense. I have a strong credit score and solid income, though I'm currently not employed.

Could you please share your recommendations on the best path forward?

3Reply
184 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 120 posts · 69 votes
2mo

HELOC. Best way.

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 120 posts · 69 votes
    2mo

    HELOC. Best way.

  • Lender · Washington DC · Member since 2026 · 65 posts · 16 votes
    2mo
    Quote from @John Johnson:

    I’m looking to set up a flexible credit line or short-term financing option with minimal out-of-pocket costs until I actually need to draw the funds. Ideally, I’d like to have access to the money within 48 hours of requesting it. I’m happy to complete all the necessary paperwork and legwork upfront.

    I’m only looking to borrow for a short period — likely 3 to 12 months.

    Last week, a builder I’ve purchased from before contacted me about a home they’re willing to sell below market value to meet their quarterly targets. They were very negotiable on my last transaction with them, but I’m not certain this opportunity will occur again. Because of that, I’d prefer to avoid significant upfront fees for establishing the credit line.

    My primary residence is fully paid off, and I also own several rental properties. I'd be open to a HELOC if that makes sense. I have a strong credit score and solid income, though I'm currently not employed.

    Could you please share your recommendations on the best path forward?




    Yes, John, you can 100 percent establish a 100,000 dollar line of credit that meets every single one of your criteria!

    Since your primary residence is paid off free and clear, setting up a standalone 1st-position HELOC gives you maximum flexibility and the lowest possible rates without paying high hard money fees or point structures.

    Here is why a digital HELOC program is the ideal setup for your scenario:

    1. Zero Interest Until You Draw:
      You can complete all paperwork upfront and establish the line so it sits on standby. You pay zero interest until you actually choose to draw the funds for your builder transaction.
    2. Rapid Access to Cash:
      Once the line is open, drawing cash directly into your bank account happens almost instantly, easily meeting your requirement for 48-hour liquidity.
    3. Flexible Non-W2 Underwriting:
      Traditional banks usually stall or reject applicants who do not have standard W-2 employment, regardless of how much equity or rental income they hold. Streamlined digital HELOC programs use automated credit and asset verification, bypassing months of manual bank underwriting.
    4. Zero Prepayment Penalties:
      Since your holding period is only 3 to 12 months, you can draw the 100,000 dollars, take down the discounted builder deal, and pay the line right back down to zero without penalty.

    Have you already calculated the approximate market value of your primary residence?


    • Member since 2026 · 13 posts · 12 votes
      2mo
      Quote from @LaTarence Dunbar:
      Quote from @John Johnson:

      I’m looking to set up a flexible credit line or short-term financing option with minimal out-of-pocket costs until I actually need to draw the funds. Ideally, I’d like to have access to the money within 48 hours of requesting it. I’m happy to complete all the necessary paperwork and legwork upfront.

      I’m only looking to borrow for a short period — likely 3 to 12 months.

      Last week, a builder I’ve purchased from before contacted me about a home they’re willing to sell below market value to meet their quarterly targets. They were very negotiable on my last transaction with them, but I’m not certain this opportunity will occur again. Because of that, I’d prefer to avoid significant upfront fees for establishing the credit line.

      My primary residence is fully paid off, and I also own several rental properties. I'd be open to a HELOC if that makes sense. I have a strong credit score and solid income, though I'm currently not employed.

      Could you please share your recommendations on the best path forward?




      Yes, John, you can 100 percent establish a 100,000 dollar line of credit that meets every single one of your criteria!

      Since your primary residence is paid off free and clear, setting up a standalone 1st-position HELOC gives you maximum flexibility and the lowest possible rates without paying high hard money fees or point structures.

      Here is why a digital HELOC program is the ideal setup for your scenario:

      1. Zero Interest Until You Draw:
        You can complete all paperwork upfront and establish the line so it sits on standby. You pay zero interest until you actually choose to draw the funds for your builder transaction.
      2. Rapid Access to Cash:
        Once the line is open, drawing cash directly into your bank account happens almost instantly, easily meeting your requirement for 48-hour liquidity.
      3. Flexible Non-W2 Underwriting:
        Traditional banks usually stall or reject applicants who do not have standard W-2 employment, regardless of how much equity or rental income they hold. Streamlined digital HELOC programs use automated credit and asset verification, bypassing months of manual bank underwriting.
      4. Zero Prepayment Penalties:
        Since your holding period is only 3 to 12 months, you can draw the 100,000 dollars, take down the discounted builder deal, and pay the line right back down to zero without penalty.

      Have you already calculated the approximate market value of your primary residence?



       I have, it should be a little over $400k.

  • Accountant · We serve all 50 states · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 50 votes
    2mo

    I agree with the others, HELOC is the way to go. I recommend contacting a local credit union, they usually have the best rates. Being unemployed might lower your odds of getting approved, though. But perhaps you have investing or other income that can qualify you for the line of credit. Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.