Credit Repair

11 Replies

Well...Does credit repair work or not...?
Im reading a lot of maybe's - ifs- and Umms ..please say it straight...Does it work ..or not. If so....whos the best in the Biz? Thanks...
Ray

Does it work? Yes, is it perfect? No.... It is not a perfect science, it's a matter of finding somebody that knows how to play their game. It's not about the laws of the FCRA either, the bureau's are covered in every legal angle....

If you need a referral private message me and i can refer you to somebody that i use all the time. He's a 1 man show and is not a big company.

Hope this helps!

Frank

I also have a recommendation to someone that has worked well in my experience. Please send a message for the contact information.

ya ...it works...
if you are interested to work with this..then you can have a look at other sites....
there are a lot of resources to work with it

Yes, credit repair does work. But you must know how your credit works. You can only correct incorrect information.

You can do this yourself without the need for paying anyone to do so.

If you do not know how credit works, then paying someone may be in your best interest, but make sure that person knows how credit works. Such as an attorney, since the bureau's are "covered in every legal angle" you want a legal representative on your side.

Most people who advertise credit repair are not attorneys and do not really understand the in's and out's of helping you, they just take your money and have an attorney they know do the job for them charging you the attorney's fee plus their fee.

Again you can do this yourself by actually doing it yourself or by hiring an attorney yourself. There is no need for most credit repair agencies!!!!!!!!!

It really pays off to have a basic understanding of how the ratings worked. For instance, I had a very old credit card at 25% interest. I never cared because I paid in full each month.

But then I got a great offer on a platinum card with 0% for 1 year and a good rate after that. I got that card and cancelled my 25% one.

This really hurt my credit quite a bit, since it was my oldest credit reference and was now no longer active!

Now I question every move I make regarding credit, keep any balances spread out among accounts instead of concentrated at the lowest interest, etc, etc.

you're better off researching and doing it yourself than hiring a company. trust me, speaking from experience. i used the two most popular companies, both disappointed. just do it yourself

YES! im working on mine right now BUT you have to understand there are alot of crappy places that just want a quick buck! There is only one place and he is the nicest man i think i may have ever met. So nice i dont even know how he does business but he is very good at this and CHEAP!!!!!

i dont know if i can post a web site but i have met him in person and he is the owner!

go to vitessefinancial.com, call in and ask for Greg like you know him so you get right through. (ex. hey is Greg in right now?) and you can bypass all the other crap. i called the other day to check on a report and they said he would be out till the 9th which is today so i would think tomorrow would be good. its like $50 a mo and he tells you to cancel when you want to. Its awesome!

They all charge about 50 a month and they are all very nice and helpful and will talk to you anytime and they all try to give you that "small business first-name-basis" crap but they just don't obtain results. Myself and a few of my friends have tried all the best ones and the bottom line is, if you are looking to get a few VERY MINOR improvements (such as if you have a credit card that was over the limit one time, say the limit is 7500 and you went up to 8k, these companies can usually get it changed to say the highest you ever had it was 7500)

They never succeeded at trying to get 30 day lates off, or in one of my best friend's cases, they could not make ANY improvement on two accounts that had been late a few times and eventually closed and charged off, but then paid via a collection agency. And I'm talking about after 6 MONTHS of paying them.

Trust me, waste of time. Write the letters yourself, it's free, do a little research about your rights and remind the credit bureaus that you are aware of those rights in your letters. That's all you can do, and it works better than hiring these companies, but there is no magic wand.

Originally posted by Corey Demuth:
They all charge about 50 a month and they are all very nice and helpful and will talk to you anytime and they all try to give you that "small business first-name-basis" crap but they just don't obtain results. Myself and a few of my friends have tried all the best ones and the bottom line is, if you are looking to get a few VERY MINOR improvements (such as if you have a credit card that was over the limit one time, say the limit is 7500 and you went up to 8k, these companies can usually get it changed to say the highest you ever had it was 7500)

They never succeeded at trying to get 30 day lates off, or in one of my best friend's cases, they could not make ANY improvement on two accounts that had been late a few times and eventually closed and charged off, but then paid via a collection agency. And I'm talking about after 6 MONTHS of paying them.

Trust me, waste of time. Write the letters yourself, it's free, do a little research about your rights and remind the credit bureaus that you are aware of those rights in your letters. That's all you can do, and it works better than hiring these companies, but there is no magic wand.

This sounds like the classic, "nothing is possible". Im holding a report in my hand where we just completely removed an entire account LEGALLY that is my own account. There is so much you can do under the law. I know many investors who use this company just for this reason. Oh not to mention the collection that was just removed.

THERE ARE WAYS LEGALLY! so get other the fact that nothing works, because there are things you dont know that others know well. Im sorry you got stuck with a bad company and thats some experience for yourself but doesnt mean you write off every company in the field. YOU CAN do it yourself if you know the laws, chances are it would take to long so its not worth the time when you can pay someone a simple $50 who knows what they are doing.

Thanks everyone....Ive learned...now Ill try.
Ray

But the real fact, even stated by the government sources, is that most of those who claim that they can help, can not or do not produce that which is claimed.

Plus it is illegal to accept money upfront for any credit repair, except for a few exceptions, and most do not fall into that exception catagory.!!!!!!!!!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here