Where do you park your money?

Where do you park your money?

Joe SplitrockPro Member
Moderator
Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes

I am wondering if you built up $10,000 or $25,000 or $100,000 in cash to invest, but were not ready to invest, where would you park your money? Would the "location" change based on the dollar amount?

- Money market (FDIC and available quickly)

- Stock market (good return but some risk)

- Bank CD (FDIC but locks term)

- Private money lending (higher risk)

- Other?

I am trying to see where I could get a good return but still keep my money relatively safe and available if I need it. I am interested in what others are doing. Please share as much detail as you can. (No this isn't an offer to give you money to invest so please don't ask.)

2Reply
180 views

Most Popular Reply

Logan AllecBusiness Member
Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 980 votes
8y

I just move around from bank to bank to collect sign-up bonuses.

Clarita CPA Group516 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

77 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Whittier, CA · Member since 2014 · 324 posts · 268 votes
    8y

    @Joe Splitrock, the yield pops around a bit, like savings accounts do.  Its currently returning 1.72%.  I have never experienced money market funds being particularly volatile so I'm comfortable with it, but I might consider a savings account if I was concerned about it.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.