Is this building business credit ad a scam?

Is this building business credit ad a scam?

Buford, GA · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 13 votes

I recently came across someone who said that they had a program in which as long as you had an Llc and a 680 credit score they could qualify you to get significant business credit cards and credit lines. The basic premise was if you had a revolving credit card of at least 2500.00 dollars minimum then whatever your highest credit card limit was they could get you 5 to 8x that amount of credit. For example 10k on American Express with the above qualifications would allow you to be able to secure business cards and credit lines from 50 to 80k. The name of the company is Bella Sloan Enterprises out of Jenkintown, PA. Their website is https://www.bellasloanbusinesscredit.com/ I basically wanted to run this information through our community to see if anyone has ever heard of such practices, or is this just simply another internet scam. I have great personal credit and am trying to build business credit but am wary of giving any sensitive information to these types of organizations without at a bare minimum talking to my BP friends who may have seen this type of advertising before.

0Reply
100 views

Most Popular Reply

Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 100 posts · 140 votes
7y

@Darius Tracy

Not a scam, just a company selling a variation on the theme, you pay them to build you a business credit profile and in time obtain business credit.

Some charge up front , some charge a percentage of credit raised

They know all the tricks of the trade that you don’t

You can do it yourself, it takes time and a fair amount of work, or you employ their services for faster and usually better results

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Darius Tracy I would be very concerned that it is a scam. It looks like they are offering the same kind of credit you can get yourself.  It looks like basically credit cards from a variety of  sources. 

    If you want a basic line of credit - not super high interest credit cards, any lender is gong to want security. As soon as they know you are in real estate they will want you to put up properties with equity.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hey @Darius Tracy ! I recently came across Bella Sloan Enterprises as well and wanted to see if you heard anything else about their credibility or if you have tried them out yourself. 

    Thank you!

  • Buford, GA · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Aaron Jernigan I have not tried them as of yet honestly just due to fear. I spoke with him briefly and he sent over some initial documents but I was skeptical of the process and giving out my personal information due to me having a good score and the potential for identity fraud.

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 741 posts · 845 votes
    7y

    I would stay clear if you have any doubt of their legitimacy! I would go to your current lender and get a business line even if it is small and allow your credit line to increase over time!

  • Buford, GA · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Ned Carey Thank you for your time and response I felt that way also.

  • Buford, GA · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Stephen Akindona Thank you I am definitely going to do that I’m of the old adage of if it sounds too good be true it probably is.

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2018 · 100 posts · 140 votes
    7y

    @Darius Tracy

    Not a scam, just a company selling a variation on the theme, you pay them to build you a business credit profile and in time obtain business credit.

    Some charge up front , some charge a percentage of credit raised

    They know all the tricks of the trade that you don’t

    You can do it yourself, it takes time and a fair amount of work, or you employ their services for faster and usually better results

  • Property Manager · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 195 votes
    7y

    Darius, would be interested in knowing if you got any funding for your real estate business yet.  Any company asking for money up front to get funding makes me  stay away.  However, sometimes running the company name through the Better Business Bureau or just a simple Google may help.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.