Loan Doctor HCF High Yield CD

Loan Doctor HCF High Yield CD

Brockton, MA · Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 9 votes

Hello all,

I have been looking at this new CD for a few months now. My research says it’s legitimate, can’t find anything saying otherwise online. Anyone using this? A 1 month CD returning 6% seems too good to be true but I’d love to park some of my savings ($20k ish)in there and collect $100 in interest every month.

Here’s a link

https://myloan.doctor/hcf-high-yield-cd-account/

Would love to hear from anyone who has used or anyone who has thoughts on it.

Thanks!

0Reply
127 views

Most Popular Reply

Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y

 Bernie Madoff was a safe bet for years until he wasn't! 

See this reply in the discussion

84 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Did anyone hear how the CFPB filed a lawsuit against  LOAN DOCTOR FINANCIAL? 

  • Financial Advisor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 294 posts · 165 votes
    6y
  • Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hi Dan. I managed to get all my money back, plus interest.Guess I was lucky. 

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Hi Dan, It's probably too harsh to say it was a total fraud. I think all of us got our money back. The product was incorrectly advertised to make it look like a CD and that was very confusing and people were not made aware of the risks associated. Their customer service was very prompt but they also failed to answer my questions on the insurance/safety of the funds. They should have been more transparent with their mode of operation. I did not face any problem when I requested withdrawal of my funds. Infact I made a mistake by appending a digit to my account number  for which the funds went back to them and they again wired it back. I and other folks got their money back along with the interest. They had also closed it to new customers well before they finally shut down the program. 

  • Financial Advisor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 294 posts · 165 votes
    6y

    @Harry Das

    All is well that ends well!

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I sure did enjoy the 6 percent while it lasted!  Im getting 1 percent now on 125k.  No idea what to do with it!  Hows that 15 percent drivers loan club doing?  Sounds great.  But scary!  Would we be surprised to see the same thing happen to them?

  • Financial Advisor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 294 posts · 165 votes
    6y

    @Brian S.

    Anything with a yield like that will certainly have a heightened risk profile.

    Think about it logically, you are getting 15 net of all their fees?? So they are either levered 4x which is risky in its own regard or these businesses are paying high teen rates which is a reflection on the business risk.

    There is certainly a time and place for it but again it’s a far stretch from a CD.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.