What would you buy VOO or VFV - Canada

What would you buy VOO or VFV - Canada

Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 4 votes

Looking to put some into index funds during this market crash. I'm in Canada would it be better to buy VOO or VFV. 

0Reply
12 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 891 votes
    6y

    I heard VFV..   what about VSP?

  • Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 4 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Hai Loc:

    I heard VFV..   what about VSP?

    That's what my research says

    I haven't come across VSP yet what is it?  

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 891 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tony P.:
    Originally posted by @Hai Loc:

    I heard VFV..   what about VSP?

    That's what my research says

    I haven't come across VSP yet what is it?  

     Not a stock guy. Just overhear what a few experts say

  • Athabasca, Alberta · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    I'm not familiar with those two but the best I've found lately were VCN to invest in canadian companies and XUU to invest in american companies. What attracted me to these was the lowest management fees. Keep in mind you may have to pay a foreign withholding tax on any earnings when investing in US stocks as a Canadian. However if you're investing with an rrsp you may be able to get it back. Its kind of a complicated system but you can find some info on google. I dont believe that foreign withholding tax is all that much to worry about unless you are investing $500,000+. Keep in mind I'm not a pro at this, just been doing a fair bit of research since I was holding some cash before the stock market tanked.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.