Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2017 · 202 posts · 82 votes
Is it a good idea to give tenants Christmas gifts? I give tenants target gift cards with a nice note, they’ve payed their rent on time and they have not caused any major damage to the property. Anyone gift their tenants Christmas gifts?
Port Chester, NY · Member since 2016 · 210 posts · 157 votes
4y
We gave every tenant a $25.00 American Express gift card as a token and for the hard times everyone has experienced over the last year. Out of 90+ tenants, only one reached out and said thank you. We will not be doing this annually moving forward.
Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 504 posts · 282 votes
4y
I certainly love the spirit in considering a gift, but as others have mentioned could be risky and backfire. I think the best approach to saying thank you for being a good tenant, is to be a good landlord. Great professional relationships do not mean they have to be personal.