Another interesting post from an existing tenant. Oy, vey!

Another interesting post from an existing tenant. Oy, vey!

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes

Just received this email from a tenant: 



Hi, I am writing to let you know that a friend of mine has been staying with me. He was living with his Mother and she was growing tired so he came to live with me. He broke his arm a couple of months ago and is unemployed, but I don't have the resources for two people anymore and I need some relief now. He has coerced me into buying over $250 worth of Vodka for him over the months and I want him to be evicted (I apologize for not telling you about him). I know it's a mess but I just want peace and quiet, and maybe a cat too, as the other 2 never worked out either... God have mercy haha Anyways please help me with this and also I want to move next door if I am not bound by my lease to this apartment, as the Kitchen and Bathroom are much better for my needs. Thanks!

These guys should be comedians.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
14Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Washington DC · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y

Dear Stray Cats:

I also dated Brian Setzer. What time is the next rockabilly boyfriend moving in tonight?

The other apartment is rented by nice people who are allergic to cats and vodka, they are not moving.

Call BF Mom to pick him up when you put out some canned food on the curb.

Please sign the attached agreement to move out.

Sincerely,

Not Stevie Nicks (lol parody)

See this reply in the discussion

39 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y

    Here's my employee response, followed by the tenant again.

    My agent: Per the lease: "No other individuals are authorized to reside on the Premises. Guests may stay on the Premises for no more than a combined total of eight (8) days per month. Unauthorized occupants will result in a fine of $50 per day. TENANT MAY NOT ADD/REMOVE TENANT OR DEPENDENTS WITHOUT LANDLORD PERMISSION. Contact office for instructions." You were given a warning last week and failed to heed it or correct the matter.

    Tenant response: Just wondering what's to keep him from leaving for a few minutes and saying his 8 days is starting over again... There's always a loophole... All I want is peace and quiet and all he is is chaos... I'm seriously considering going full homeless in the car and heading to slab city... shoot it's warmer anyways... I just want peace here Thanks... My hands are tied here, evict as you please, but I just wanted help and you moved to evict, that wasn't me.

    What's to keep the "guest" from leaving and coming back? YOU!!! It's not our job to police your friends.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y

    Slab City.....this guy is a pro. You ever been to Slab City? On the east side of the Salton Sea....full of people just like your guy. You'd have to be a pro to know about it in WY.....

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

    Slab City.....this guy is a pro. You ever been to Slab City? On the east side of the Salton Sea....full of people just like your guy. You'd have to be a pro to know about it in WY.....

    I'm a world traveler and have seen it all. Here's his latest. I suspect he's hitting the sauce this afternoon:

    It's alright, you can evict me, rob me, beat me, kill me, but I'm still going to Heaven in the end... Nothing else matters anywhere at any time


    And before I could finish sharing, he sent another!

    Sorry, not sorry, Been to jail, been beat by others, lost $27,000, been homeless, been tired, been everywhere like Johnny Cash... I am just tired looking for some rest, and stability, which can be done, and obviously I am not gonna pay for 2 apartments, I don't see why I can't just switch the lease but I get it okay, thanks


    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y

    Some people just don't do life well.......

    I'll meet ya in Slab City for a beer sometime, say when. Better be packin'....😂.

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y

    For the uninitiated, Slab City is 600 acres of public land in the CA desert that is policed by residents if at all. Drugs, drink and 24/7 parties abound. It is inhabited by the likes of Nathan's tenant, It should be on everyone's bucket list to see (very briefly)....

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

    For the uninitiated, Slab City is 600 acres of public land in the CA desert that is policed by residents if at all. Drugs, drink and 24/7 parties abound. It is inhabited by the likes of Nathan's tenant, It should be on everyone's bucket list to see (very briefly)....


    I just looked at some pictures. It's exactly what I expected.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · The Vampire State · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

    Slab City.....this guy is a pro. You ever been to Slab City? On the east side of the Salton Sea....full of people just like your guy. You'd have to be a pro to know about it in WY.....

    I'm a world traveler and have seen it all. Here's his latest. I suspect he's hitting the sauce this afternoon:

    It's alright, you can evict me, rob me, beat me, kill me, but I'm still going to Heaven in the end... Nothing else matters anywhere at any time


    And before I could finish sharing, he sent another!

    Sorry, not sorry, Been to jail, been beat by others, lost $27,000, been homeless, been tired, been everywhere like Johnny Cash... I am just tired looking for some rest, and stability, which can be done, and obviously I am not gonna pay for 2 apartments, I don't see why I can't just switch the lease but I get it okay, thanks


    Wow, he's exhausting.  Really filling out the "virtual signaling" checklist here.  It's unfortunate that he will never be willing to understand why this latest "injustice" (and likely many of the others throughout his life) were by is own hand.

    In the cemetary of life, personal responsibility now lies right next to common sense.

  • South Holland, IL · Member since 2017 · 374 posts · 432 votes
    3y

    @Nathan Gesner

    Unfortunately in Illinois you can not stop a tenant from moving in another person that’s not on the lease. Part of the reason why I started buying next door in Indiana.

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Quincy Lockett:

    Unfortunately in Illinois you can not stop a tenant from moving in another person that’s not on the lease. 

    You have to be kidding........
  • Member since 2020 · 671 posts · 937 votes
    3y

    @Wesley W.

    "In the cemetary of life, personal responsibility now lies right next to common sense."

    Looks like somebody just had a bumper sticker idea!  haha

  • South Holland, IL · Member since 2017 · 374 posts · 432 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:
    Quote from @Quincy Lockett:

    Unfortunately in Illinois you can not stop a tenant from moving in another person that’s not on the lease. 

    You have to be kidding........

  • South Holland, IL · Member since 2017 · 374 posts · 432 votes
    3y

    @Bruce Woodruff

    No joke! I think you’re allowed to get that person’s info to do a background check for potential dangers to other tenants or children but if it comes back clean enough….

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 591 posts · 695 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

    The saga continues!

    My employee told him he needs to get rid of the guy himself or he could be in violation of his lease and subject to termination. Keep in mind this started with him asking us to evict the unauthorized renter!

    Comment: Hi there, I am wondering why so quick to move an eviction notice against me? Isn't there some way to announce a new tennant and pay a little extra as their fee or something and then be able to split the difference once he starts working? You do realize he has a God Damn broken arm right? Anyways have a little heart and hear me out because I have done a lot of good work around here and I am just trying to enjoy my retirement without someone trying to make me live on the God Damn streets... AGAIN... Thanks for hearing me out, and just know that I'm not being evicted, let's grow up here. Never missed a payment and always been responsible, so quit it... God's Love, Tenant

     @Nathan Gesner you simply cannot make this stuff up   :D   ...every time I think I've encountered the pinnacle of idiocy, something like this comes along to prove me wrong.

  • Sarita ScherpereelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 659 posts · 376 votes
    3y

    Wow. This is a hot mess! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.