Chicago Residential Lease Agreement 2023

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
Moderator
Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y

Hey @Corby Goade - Just for your own reference since I know you aren't local.  CAR Chicago Association of Realtors develops a standard lease with local attorneys & industry-leading realtors each year.  It also abides by the residential landlord-tenant ordinance, which if you use other leases is where a lot of things can be missed.

So while I don't recommend using it without understanding it, it has been pre-vetted by attorneys so is actually a pretty good lease to use for anyone new or old (but specific to Chicago)

See this reply in the discussion

77 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Chicago · Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Marek Kowalewski:

    Is this available anywhere to download or can someone send it to me as well??


     Hi Marek - Shoot me a DM with your email I would be happy to help. 

  • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    @Austin Pearson thanks, just did

  • New to Real Estate · Chicago, IL · Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    @Austin Pearson, would you all be willing to share the latest Chicago lease agreement with me as well? I am listing my first investment property for rent next month.

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Hey @Leona Liu, @Sabrina Patterson, @Marek Kowalewski - Feel free to shoot me an email and I can send it over to you.  You need to be a Chicago realtor with a CAR membership to get access to it but most housing providers use it.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Hello, can someone send me a copy of the 2023 lease as well? Thanks in advance!

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Jonathan Klemm:

    Hey @Leona Liu, @Sabrina Patterson, @Marek Kowalewski - Feel free to shoot me an email and I can send it over to you.  You need to be a Chicago realtor with a CAR membership to get access to it but most housing providers use it.


     I emailed you just now.  Would appreciate this document also!  Thank you!

  • Phillip AustinPro Member
    Property Manager · Denver, CO · Member since 2023 · 236 posts · 204 votes
    3y

    I'm always shocked at the differences in how each states handles these types of things. Why doesn't the RE commission in Illinois simply upload all of their standard RE forms to their website and allow anyone and everyone to download?? So dumb.

  • Property Manager · Chicago · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    I'm also looking for a copy of the 2023 Residential Lease & Security Deposit Interest. PDF would be great

    thanks

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    @Jonathan Klemn Can you send me a copy of the 2023 Chicago lease too? I'd really appreciate it!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Can someone please DM me as well? It used to be publically available from an active realtor on Bigger Pockets, but now I can't find it. Thanks! 

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Hello!

    Chicago landlord here, in search of the Chicago Association of Realtors 2023 Lease form for rental. 

    I DM'd a couple of people here, although I believe everyone is busy. (It's Monday) Would appreciate any help, please & thank you.

    ☕

    General Question; If such a sophisticated and helpful contract exists, made specifically for the Chicago community of Realtors, Home/property owners and their tenants, why is it not publicly available? Last year I believe I found a 2022 Lease form on this site; but definitely searched for it..  and, as a Property owner, I do not meet the criteria to make a login to the website where the contract is available: I tried. Maybe, that should be a met criteria, as others on here have the same issue. 

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Hi @Jonathan Klemm - Would you be able to send me a copy of the 2023 Lease Agreement as well? Thank you in advance.

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Hello - Seeing if anyone has a copy they can send me too!  Thank you!

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Can you please send it to me as well?  Thank you. 

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Jonathan Klemm:

    Hey @Isaac Martinez & @Raymond Eng - Feel free to shoot me an email under my BP signature and I can definitely send you the Chicago association of Realtors 2023 lease.


    Hi, Jonathan, and everyone else! I am new to the community and new to rental properties. I would also like a copy of the Chicago Association of Realtors 2023 lease, so I will email you. Looking forward to learning :)
  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    @Rachael Alexander I just send you a DM so I can get you the CAR lease. 

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    No problem @Rachael Alexander.  I got your email and will shoot you over the Chicago association of realtors lease.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Can you please send it to me as well? Thank you.

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Hello!  Would someone so kindly send me over the new Chicago 2023 Lease agreement it would be greatly appreciated.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Semira Djencic:

    Hello!  Would someone so kindly send me over the new Chicago 2023 Lease agreement it would be greatly appreciated.

    I am as well 


  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    I'm also looking for a copy; any chance @John Warren or @Jonathan Klemm one of you could be so kind as to emailing/DMing me a copy?

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Hi @John Warren or @Jonathan Klemm, seeing if someone could email me a copy as well.  Thank you in advance! 

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Jonathan Klemm:

    No problem @Rachael Alexander.  I got your email and will shoot you over the Chicago association of realtors lease.

    @Jonathan Klemm

    Would you be able to send me a copy of the 2023 Lease Agreement as well? Thank you in advance. 





  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hi , 

    I am in the same boat with Regina. Does anyone have the 2023 Chicago Residential Lease Template? Thank you so much

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jarret Jarvis:

    Hi Regina

    The lease application is the same as that of 2020. If you need the 2023 Chicago Residential Lease Template, please feel free to shoot me your email in a DM and I'll send you a PDF copy. Likewise for the application. 


     Hi Jarret, 

    Any chance you could send me a copy of that 2023 chicago residential lease template?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.