Cowlitz/Clark County WA investor looking to build network

Cowlitz/Clark County WA investor looking to build network

New to Real Estate · Longview, WA · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 7 votes

Hey everyone,

I am a local investor with one single-family rental in Longview, Wa area. I currently self-manage my property and do much of my own maintenance. I am planning to add more properties in the coming years. Looking to build a local team of like-minded people to connect with. I also plan to take my investing journey out of state.  Let's connect!

-Skylar 

5Reply
52 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2019 · 882 posts · 1k+ votes
3y

@Skylar Daugherty, welcome to BP, you will learn a lot by networking with like-minded investors

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    @Skylar Daugherty My wife and I invest north and west of you. We belong to Wa LL Association-great support and excellent networking. There is most likely a similar organization down your way. You will also need local boots on the ground in the markets you invest in. All the best!

  • Rental Property Investor · Camas, WA · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I’m in Camas, Wa. I’m new to all this and I’m also looking to meet others. I was looking to invest in Longview. Do you mind if I pick your brain on the matter?

  • Skylar DaughertyPro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate · Longview, WA · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Julian Delgado:

    I’m in Camas, Wa. I’m new to all this and I’m also looking to meet others. I was looking to invest in Longview. Do you mind if I pick your brain on the matter?


     Of course. Feel free to shoot me a message!

    -Skylar 

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Hi Skylar,

    I bought my first rental in Kelso and am in the process of refurbishing it right now. Its a interesting area but I am looking to scale some more this year in kelso/longview.
  • PNW · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 15 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Skylar Daugherty:

    Hey everyone,

    I am a local investor with one single-family rental in Longview, Wa area. I currently self-manage my property and do much of my own maintenance. I am planning to add more properties in the coming years. Looking to build a local team of like-minded people to connect with. I also plan to take my investing journey out of state.  Let's connect!

    -Skylar 


     Hi Skylar, 

    Welcome to the area. I am in your area as well (Vancouver). We do not own here but we do own in California. What do you think of Longview? Do properties there cash flow? 

  • Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2022 · 482 posts · 768 votes
    3y

    HI Skylar! I'm in the Seattle Northgate area! Happy to connect with you @Albert Bui @Carlos Valencia

  • Skylar DaughertyPro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate · Longview, WA · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Matt Rosman:
    Hi Skylar,

    I bought my first rental in Kelso and am in the process of refurbishing it right now. Its a interesting area but I am looking to scale some more this year in kelso/longview.
    How is your rehab going? It sure is an interesting area. Do you live locally? 
  • Skylar DaughertyPro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate · Longview, WA · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Eamon Keating:
    Quote from @Skylar Daugherty:

    Hey everyone,

    I am a local investor with one single-family rental in Longview, Wa area. I currently self-manage my property and do much of my own maintenance. I am planning to add more properties in the coming years. Looking to build a local team of like-minded people to connect with. I also plan to take my investing journey out of state.  Let's connect!

    -Skylar 


     Hi Skylar, 

    Welcome to the area. I am in your area as well (Vancouver). We do not own here but we do own in California. What do you think of Longview? Do properties there cash flow? 


     Longview/Kelso area certainly has some opportunities in the current climate. It is definitely worth some analysis if you're considering owning in the state! Cash flow can be achieved. Are you a long-term rental investor?

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Skylar Daugherty:
    Quote from @Matt Rosman:
    Hi Skylar,

    I bought my first rental in Kelso and am in the process of refurbishing it right now. Its a interesting area but I am looking to scale some more this year in kelso/longview.
    How is your rehab going? It sure is an interesting area. Do you live locally? 

    Just completed it, looking for a local management company right now to get it filled as I do not have the bandwidth to actively manage it. Its a nice area for the most part, there are some sketchy areas like anywhere else. I live farther south in the Vancouver area so driving up to do the rehab has been pretty easy. I am going to start looking for another rental or some small commercial space in the area for the next deal as I think there is a lot of options still in the area.

  • Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 899 votes
    3y

    @Skylar Daugherty- thanks for the  post ... good luck with the  journey !

  • Realtor · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2019 · 882 posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Skylar Daugherty, welcome to BP, you will learn a lot by networking with like-minded investors

  • New to Real Estate · Olympia, WA · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    Hi Skylar,

    My wife and I are in Lacey and house hacking. My plan is to make my current residence a 3 unit STR/MTR and repeat the process in Vancouver. I'm always down to connect and network with other local investors!

    -Greg

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2018 · 459 posts · 414 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Skylar Daugherty:

    Hey everyone,

    I am a local investor with one single-family rental in Longview, Wa area. I currently self-manage my property and do much of my own maintenance. I am planning to add more properties in the coming years. Looking to build a local team of like-minded people to connect with. I also plan to take my investing journey out of state.  Let's connect!

    -Skylar 

    I would add @Grant Schroeder to your team, he's a solid lender that invest as well and can help scale your portfolio.

  • Skylar DaughertyPro Member
    OP
    New to Real Estate · Longview, WA · Member since 2021 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lawrence Potts:
    Quote from @Skylar Daugherty:

    Hey everyone,

    I am a local investor with one single-family rental in Longview, Wa area. I currently self-manage my property and do much of my own maintenance. I am planning to add more properties in the coming years. Looking to build a local team of like-minded people to connect with. I also plan to take my investing journey out of state.  Let's connect!

    -Skylar 

    I would add @Grant Schroeder to your team, he's a solid lender that invest as well and can help scale your portfolio.

    Thank you for the connection!
  • Lender · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 899 votes
    3y

    @Skylar Daugherty- thanks for the post ....if you are needing to use financing as  you purchase more  rentals - make sure you have  a  lender / title / escrow and realtor  on your team ...good luck

  • Investor · Longview, WA · Member since 2023 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    I'm an agent as well as investor in Longview. Love to connect with like minded people :) I own a few doors in that area and Cathlamet and self manage too. 

  • New to Real Estate · Olympia, WA · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tysson Dykes:

    I'm an agent as well as investor in Longview. Love to connect with like minded people :) I own a few doors in that area and Cathlamet and self manage too. 


  • Real Estate Broker · Vancouver, WA · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    11mo

    Hello @Skylar Daugherty!

    I am down here in Clark County WA in Vancouver - I grew up in Longview WA. I am a Real Estate Agent and have been working towards my first investment property. 

    I came across this post and was curious where you stand in your investing journey and what you have been up to since this post. Would love to connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.