Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 6 votes
Would love to know if anyone has had positive or negative experiences with turbotenant? I love that it has features to market the property, manage those leads, screen tenants... and also manage leases, collect rent, etc. Appreciate any and all feedback!
Property Manager · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2023 · 101 posts · 77 votes
3y
A little late but I'll throw in my two cents. I use turbo tenant on my rental because I like the buffet style business model. I'm a long time professional property manager and I'm not afraid to deal with delinquency or other legal matters myself, so I only pay for the services I want, like screenings and the tenant payment portal.
Property Manager · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2023 · 101 posts · 77 votes
3y
A little late but I'll throw in my two cents. I use turbo tenant on my rental because I like the buffet style business model. I'm a long time professional property manager and I'm not afraid to deal with delinquency or other legal matters myself, so I only pay for the services I want, like screenings and the tenant payment portal.
Lewisburg, PA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 5 votes
3y
I manage 29 units with it. I used it primarily because I love the formatting and depth of info the background checks. I previously used free services like Cozy (before merging with Apartments.com) and Rentler ( before merging with another company and charging fees for ACH payments) but now I use them as an all-in-one PM solution for the most part. I still continue to use another e-signature solution (can use it for other things other than lease management) but may try e-signature options for leases. The maintenance request feature is awesome and does allow pictures (not sure about videos). I do wish tenant messages would allow attachments for pictures, so sometimes I do find myself texting tenants if pictures are needed. It also makes Renter's insurance verification a breeze.
I decided to try their premium features as with 29 units the yearly flat fee seem to justify the faster deposits, faster syndication, faster CS support. I do have some pet peeves but I have learned to work around most of them. Overall I recommend.
It's the first PM solution that I tried so I'm going to be bias, but so far it hasn't given me any reason to leave. Rent Auto Draft works great, it takes 7 days to hit my bank but I am ok with that (you can pay premium for faster processing if needed).
I like the all-in-one solution from property marketing, to candidate background checks, to rent payment, to maintenance request and more !
@Sebastian Santiago, may I ask if you're using the free version or the premium version? We've been using a rental manager for one property and we're about to purchase a second. We plan to self-manage and may start self-managing the first property as well. It seems like at $99 annually, the premium features would be worthwhile (and certainly a savings over the management fees).
Real Estate Broker · San Antonio · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 489 votes
3y
TurboTenant is a popular platform that offers various property management tools for landlords. Feedback from users can vary based on individual experiences, property types, and specific needs.
To get a better understanding of other users' experiences with TurboTenant, I recommend checking online reviews, forums, and social media groups dedicated to real estate and property management as you have done here. Hearing from other landlords who have used the platform can provide valuable insights to help you make an informed decision about whether it's the right fit for your property management needs. Good luck & happy investing!
Investor · Member since 2021 · 129 posts · 209 votes
3y
I've been using TurboTenant for 2 years now. It's a simple, straight forward platform. Upgraded to premium and that's been worth it too. Unlimited e-sign (I use it for my lease documents) and faster payments. Their technical support does well at responding to any issues. I've asked all of my tenants what their experience has been like and they all seem to like it.
How about showings for vacant properties if you are a DIY investors that live outside the state. Do they connect you to a local realtor who can offer this service?
I'm in the process of merging from Apartments to TurboTenant and have had a good experience so far. I manage 23 rentals and am considering jumping to the premium tier. Do other premium users find value in the income insights feature for applications?
Also does anyone use the premium subscription to populate leases?
Just curious of others experiences with those features. Obviously the expedited payments will be nice and I'm sure my tenants will appreciate not having to pay the $2 fee for ACH payments.
I only have one rented (long term) property and have used Turbo Tenant for payment collection. I only had one issue which was probably my fault...I duplicated the rent due somehow the first month, but was able to resolve that quickly.
I have a second property that will be ready to rent soon as a mid-term. I was planning to use Furnished Finder to advertise the lisitng, but am wondering if Turbo Tenant would be a better option. Has anyone had good luck with their marketing?
A friend with several properties has not been happy with the leads she gets from Furnished Finder.
Investor · Beaverton, OR · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
10mo
I’m a landlord who tried TurboTenant because they advertise “free” listings, but the experience has been frustrating and disappointing from the start.
Support is basically nonexistent unless you pay. The free version only gives you an automated bot, which is useless. My listing never went live after two days, and I couldn’t reach an actual human. I finally paid the $119 for “premium support” just to get someone to look into it.
When I asked why my property wasn’t posted, they told me they were “waiting for the validations department” to confirm I was the property owner—even though I had already uploaded clear proof of ownership. No explanation and no clear timeline.
The listing exposure was also extremely poor. My property is well-priced, and I’m getting steady inquiries from Zillow and Facebook Marketplace. Yet I received only one inquiry from TurboTenant in three weeks. Their marketing claims simply don’t match the real-world results.
Trying to cancel auto-renewal created another headache. The mobile app doesn’t show the option, and after three emails back and forth, support kept directing me to screens that don’t exist on mobile. I finally logged in on my laptop and found the page they meant—but when I tried to turn off auto-renew, the system wouldn’t let me because I had an “active subscription.” That logic makes no sense, and it left me feeling stuck.
A support agent has now offered to manually deactivate auto-renewal on their end, so at least I won’t need to cancel my credit card—but this should not be such a difficult process.
Overall, TurboTenant has been an expensive waste of time and money. The software is clunky, support is slow and confusing, and the listing performance is far worse than every other platform I use. I strongly recommend landlords look elsewhere.