Allied National Debt Collection Review.

Allied National Debt Collection Review.

Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 205 posts · 44 votes

Was using a Allied National Debt Collection for owed rent on evicted tenants. This company has an A+ BBB rating. This is when consumer reviews are better than a BBB rating. The company never contacted me personally only by email. The bigger problem is that they did not keep in contact with the local attorney that they were using. There was schedule updates that were not done until I sent an email concerning the updates. They didn't know for months that the attorney that was handling the case had left. When I asked about their avg. time of collection from once a judgement was recieved they decided to drop the case and let the Attorney office handle directly.

All information that they requested I sent. Very disappointed. Anyone with a better collection agency please let me know.

Thank you

0Reply
53 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

@Duncan Taylor , I've only been here a few months and was wondering the same ;-)

To clarify - I wasn't wondering if it's you , but if negativity is just a characteristic with him

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Joe Gore

    Again, you just can't post without being condescending, can you?

    I have sued Experian and Equifax for willful non-compliance for refusing to update an old judgment as paid, even with proof. I took them both to small claims court.

    I also took BoA to small claims court for refusing to update a tradeline as paid, even though I had proof of the payment. They had to pay me $ 1,000 fine.

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    12y

    Glad to see you won. Sorry about condescending.

    Joe Gore

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 205 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Now that we have Joe Gore done. Anyone else with any information?

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 744 votes
    12y

    @Robert Carl,

    What information are you looking for?

    Joe Gore

  • Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 464 votes
    12y

    Robert Carl, I have not had to collect on a judgement. The one time I had to take someone to court, the gal did challenge and we had mediation at court and worked out a deal. I have one person now that does owe some damage costs. I have plenty of time to file to get a judgement but am going to attempt to work with this person a little longer yet. I would recommend looking pretty in depth to what you believe the likelihood of actually collecting anything from them. In that case that they are essentially judgement proof the. You need to decide if you want to just get a judgement for the sake of judgement or just save the money and let it go.

  • Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 464 votes
    12y

    @ Joe Gore. Thanks for your reply. It would be fantastic if you could stick to helpful and informative posts such as that. It would have been a lot better to just put that information out right away instead of playing around that you know more than others. From what I understand from your information is that everybody was pretty much up to speed on the dispute process but there have been some efficiencies put in place to better process these disputes and root out any fraud. I don't think consumers would have any problem with any of this. Most people just want a system that works and is efficient and you were a part of improving that efficiency. Thanks

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    12y

    To everyone on this topic. If you can't post in a productive way do not post at all.

    Really take things slow and think about what you are saying before hitting that post button. Some posters tend to have a type fast and answer approach which is the same as blurting something out without thinking about it first.

    Any type of name calling or even attacking or jabbing posts take away from the quality of the topic and will be removed.

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 205 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    Now that we have Joe Gore done. Anyone else with any information?

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 205 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    I want to have a collection process or system for tenants like with the other aspects of landlording. I have a company/system for background checks, rent court, and rent payments. Im searching for an efficent system for rent collection/judgements. It has to be away, rental complexes are able to do it so I'm trying to find out how.

  • Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 464 votes
    12y

    I have personally put my effort into providing a superior product and maximizing value. If you accomplish this then spending more time on a collection system should br pointless. You seem to be focusing on a small scale and in that sense you should not have 5-10 evictions a month where you would need to take collection actions.

    In my experience, I have had no evictions in just over 7 years and one judgement for money. I was even able to collect in full. If you are in a higher payscale area many times I see many tenants uncollectible. If you are providing s superior product, serving well, and are also in a higher payscale environment, then judgements and collections should br virtually non-existant. If in a lower income area and you are still providing a superior product and serving well then judgrments and collections will still occur but more often than not they will not be collectible in the near future and to hire this easy process out would be a large waste of money, at least for me... hope that helps. Maybe provide a purpose behind this goal. Is it to have more liesure time, bored with the wait for the next investment and want to fill some percieved holes. All are good reasons but would help.

  • Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 205 posts · 44 votes
    12y

    @Kyle Hipp It is to have a system and process for 360 degress of my buisness. The other condition I am in a lower income area and the culture in Baltimore City has bred a notion that landlords will not collect or report to the credit agencies.

    Buisness purposes you suppose to have a remedy for every aspect of your buisness.

    My product is superior. My rentals are fully gutted rehabbed houses with modern designs.

  • Glen Ellyn, IL · Member since 2012 · 95 posts · 59 votes
    12y
    I use fidelity collections www.gofic.com I have been pleased with them. I placed a large account with them on a tenant that I dismissed a court case against without prejudice, and the tenant had her lawyer friend call in and threaten to sue. The agency stood by my documentation and refused to dismiss the collection.
  • Investor · Appleton, WI · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 464 votes
    12y

    @ Robert Carl - I get what you are saying. I would analyse the reason behind collections not being done. In low income areas as you described it might make more business sense to not even file a judgement or attempt to collect. This might be because your tenant base is essentially judgement proof or if not, not really worth the hassel to get $1,000 over 3 years.

    It would cost me $100 to file for a judgement, if a tenant is judgement proof then it is a waste of money because I have already attempted to collect outside the courts. If my tenant is not judgement proof but low income with not a lot of ability to repay then it is a pretty big waste of time as well. Also this type of tenant will also have a dinged up court history already which already warns other businesses and landlords If my tenant has the ability to pay then I can collect outside of court with the leverage on them that this is cheaper for them and a judgement on their relatively clean record would not help them in the future.

    If I am attempting to ding them essentially out of spite then the $100 for a judgement is good enough for me.

    I would say that the condition of your rentals has little to do with the level of product you are putting out. This is a service industry. Folks know what the house looks like when they rent it. What they can appreciate is the service along the way. Handeling issues quickly, upgrades, competitive costs and honesty.

    Sorry I couldn't give you a recommendation on what you appear to be looking for but that is my system for handling such situations and it has been successful throughout the years as I havn't had to worry about it much because it doesn't come up much.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.