What Real Estate Marketplace Platform do you use?

What Real Estate Marketplace Platform do you use?

Noah BaconPro Member
Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes

When you are not using BiggerPockets tools to analyze your deals, what Real Estate Marketplace Platform do you use?

Personally, I use Zillow when casually looking at properties values/rental rates BUT have not explored any other competitors. Are there any different features that you find more useful on other Marketplace platforms?

193 votes total

Zillow
Redfin
Realtor.com
Trulia
Homes.com
0Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
3y

Zillow and rentometer for rent comparison. For property searches I use Realtor.com. Zillow has been wonky for property values-al least mine. Couple of times values have tumbled 200k but only on Zillow, not other platforms. They were off by 600k (low) when we sold our primary in California! Laughable!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bjorn AhlbladPro Member
    Investor · Shelton, WA · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    Zillow and rentometer for rent comparison. For property searches I use Realtor.com. Zillow has been wonky for property values-al least mine. Couple of times values have tumbled 200k but only on Zillow, not other platforms. They were off by 600k (low) when we sold our primary in California! Laughable!

  • Taylor DaschBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
    3y

    I like redfin for the updates.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2023 · 51 posts · 11 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Noah Bacon:

    When you are not using BiggerPockets tools to analyze your deals, what Real Estate Marketplace Platform do you use?

    Personally, I use Zillow when casually looking at properties values/rental rates BUT have not explored any other competitors. Are there any different features that you find more useful on other Marketplace platforms?


     For wanting to find deals that have been on the market for a long time (an option that Zillow doesn't provide) I use Redfin and a cool thing about it is you can see properties that have been listed for over 90 days, 120 days, etc. I know this really isn't much but can help narrow down leads if you do creative financing and target expired listings.

  • Samuel MetcalfPro Member
    Senior Marketing Manager, Subscriptions at BiggerPockets · Member since 2023 · 9 posts · 10 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Taylor Dasch:

    I like redfin for the updates.


     Hey, Taylor. Super curious, what updates does Redfin do well, specifically? Perhaps you can fav a property and any update to that listing gets immediately sent to your email? Other?

    BiggerPockets
  • Taylor DaschBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Temple, TX · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 700 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Samuel Metcalf:
    Quote from @Taylor Dasch:

    I like redfin for the updates.


     Hey, Taylor. Super curious, what updates does Redfin do well, specifically? Perhaps you can fav a property and any update to that listing gets immediately sent to your email? Other?

    I have a search set for temple, TX which is the market I’m in, and anything within my criteria is put at the top of the list. Every time a property drops the price, comes back on the market, or goes under contract i see it at the top of the list. Other apps I feel like I have to scroll down until I get to the property.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.