Question on lease non-renewal

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Check your state law to see if there are specific requirements. If you don't know how to research, try locating a HUD office to see if they can help.

    I send it via email because I like to include move-out instructions. I follow up with a phone call to confirm receipt and answer questions.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Monroe, WA · Member since 2018 · 177 posts · 98 votes
    2y

    In our state (Washington) you must send the lease non renewals 60 days in advance and they have to be served (posted at house and mailed). We do however also send it electronically.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.