Wall Paint Opinions

Wall Paint Opinions

Investor · Bossier City, LA · Member since 2014 · 118 posts · 14 votes

Living Room: Bed of Roses

Bathroom: Dark Night Zero

Bedroom: Herbal Zero

Ceiling: Pure White

Trim/Crown Molding: Undecided, will take suggestions

Please give your opinion on the paint color choices. Thank you.

0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2014 · 57 posts · 33 votes
12y
Jeff Lee Picking one color to use on all walls in all properties is one of the first tricks I ever learned and I can't convey through text how much headache it has saved me. Don't make things harder than they have to be. You won't be living there.
See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Imperial, CA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    12y
    Mike H. I used to sell paint and the general rule of thumb is flat is for ceilings, eggshell is for walls, satin is for the bathroom and semi-gloss is for trim.
  • Investor · Harvard, IL · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    @Jim Robertson. Semi-gloss for all walls? I typically use that in kitchens and bathrooms, but didn't know how the semi-gloss would look.
  • Pittston, PA · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I use 3 paints in all my rentals.  I end up with very little waste, 3 buckets at most taking up space in my basement.  It may be a little boring, but it doesn't turn anyone away either.

    • Flat white. I use Kilz as a primer and on the ceilings.
    • Glidden antique white (slightly tannish) on all the walls.  I use satin because higher gloss paints make imperfections in the wall surface stand out, but flat paints look cheap.
    • Behr white high gloss enamel on all the trim. You shouldn't have to repaint all the trim after each tenant (ceilings either, for that matter), so I go for something a little tougher.  The bright white makes the off white walls pop a little bit.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.