How many rental properties do you own?

How many rental properties do you own?

Investor · Cathedral City, CA · Member since 2014 · 481 posts · 170 votes

I am a private landlord with two properties. My questions is for private landlords:

How many properties do you own that you manage yourself?

0Reply
849 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
11y

I had a goal of 30. Then I realized this was the wrong goal. My goal is now income...not how many doors I own. I reset my goal to the amount of income I desire and gauge my success on how close I am to achieving it. That "income" figures is net income...not gross rents, etc. I also have a goal of being debt free in less than 5 years so that the majority of income stays in my pocket vs paying off mortgages. You can have a huge NOI but pay it all out in debt service!

See this reply in the discussion

181 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Little Elm, TX · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    1 Property that I have a PM for, as it is out of state.  Looking to add more.

  • Wholesaler · Chesterfield, MO · Member since 2015 · 41 posts · 37 votes
    9y

    I recently had 83. Managed them all myself. (A LOT OF WORK!)

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2015 · 712 posts · 173 votes
    9y

    7 SFR, 1 duplex.....self manage!

  • Investor · Bolivar, MO · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    9y
    I have 80 renters split up between 3 apt buildings 2 duplexes and 43 SFH's. Manage all of it myself and have a full time job. Have to be organized and have systems in place to handle the load. As business has grown my systems have had to grow. I don't have to have my job but I enjoy it so I keep doing it. Love everyone's success stories! Keep them coming!
  • Investor · shawnee oklahoma · Member since 2017 · 194 posts · 148 votes
    9y

    3 Rentals SFH, (not including 1 owner occupied with rooms rented)
    Closing on two more SFH in the next 3 weeks.  Will have 5 doors self managed. Much less than many in this thread. I hope to build up. I am confident I can manage 20+

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 18 votes
    9y

    Closing on my first soon. Hope to reach the level of so many in this thread

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.