Rent Recovery Service

Rent Recovery Service

Rick BassettBusiness Member
Property Manager · Greater New Haven, CT · Member since 2010 · 377 posts · 434 votes

I am considering using the company Rent Recovery Service for some collections and wanted to get some feedback from others.

According to their website their flat fee service reports to Experian, Equinox and Transunion once action is begun.

I know that collecting from deadbeats is a crap shoot at best but I'm hoping that having a negative event on their credit report might motivate a few to pay or at least offer to settle. 

Any thoughts?

Rick

Bassett Property Management5108 Reviews
0Reply
118 views

Most Popular Reply

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 6 votes
6y

So glad to find this!

I have called many collection agencies, seven, and they do not service landlords?!! One company told me they get 10-15 calls a day from landlord. So I am very surprised there are not a lot of companies would collect for landlords.

Also thinking of using Rent Recovery Services. On another post there is a Yelp review on this company and was not great. Anyone out there has success with Rent Recovery Services or other agencies?

I came across several collection companies mentioned on www.multifamilyinsiders.com and will need to check out if they work with individual landlord -

Landlord Doctor
Rent Recovery Service
Hunter & Warfield - www.huntwar.com
Vista Financial Solutions
Federated collection bureau in Atlanta
Rent collect global

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Roshni Patel:

    Any follow ups on this?

    Edit: I just signed up.  With the Flat Fee plan, they send 1 letter, and give the debtor 2 months to reply before submitting to the credit bureaus.


     Did you have any luck with them?

  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2015 · 552 posts · 181 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Rick Bassett:

    I am considering using the company Rent Recovery Service for some collections and wanted to get some feedback from others.

    According to their website their flat fee service reports to Experian, Equinox and Transunion once action is begun.

    I know that collecting from deadbeats is a crap shoot at best but I'm hoping that having a negative event on their credit report might motivate a few to pay or at least offer to settle. 

    Any thoughts?

    Rick


     Did you end up using them rick? How was rent recovery service?

  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2015 · 552 posts · 181 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Roshni Patel:

    Any follow ups on this?

    Edit: I just signed up.  With the Flat Fee plan, they send 1 letter, and give the debtor 2 months to reply before submitting to the credit bureaus.


    Hey Roshni did you end up using them?  

    I actually have a lot of Judgements some for $12k and $9k and $8k from past tenants evictions. I just never collected so I'm thinking i should try this

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.