Votes
Marie J.
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Tenant moved out and left his people in the house

Marie J.
  • New York, NY
Posted Feb 29 2016, 18:40

I need help!!! My 3 tenants' lease ended October 2015. I continually tried to get them to sign a renewal lease or move out but they kept coming up with excuses. One of the 3 move out at the end of the lease. The other two said they wanted to stay but needed a 3rd person. I gave them time to find someone (someone who failed the credit check but they vouched for him. They said they like him and wanted me to give him a chance. If he didn't pay, they would make up his part.) So I said sure he can have an agreement with THEM but I couldn't put that person on the lease. Only two names on the prospective lease. Yet they still didn't sign the lease. Beginning of February a second tenant moved out. Now 3 days ago the last of the 3 said he's moving out by March 1st. Problem is this last tenant moved a buddy of his in there. I told him he could move out like he wants but everyone must go with him. He start raising his voice saying ...I'm telling him to make his friends homeless.  He wants me to let the guy they vouched for and that new buddy of his take over the lease, except they wouldn't pass the credit check. So I told he can just to go ahead and move out or pay rent for March and buy them some time to find a place. He moves out, does not pay March and left those 2 strangers in my house. What do I do???? He, whom I originally had the agreement with, left. 

Loading replies...