MySmartMove or BP SmartMove - Why are these different sites?

MySmartMove or BP SmartMove - Why are these different sites?

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 166 posts · 67 votes

I have an account with TransUnion's MySmartMove.com before I ever heard of BP. Now that I love BP, I want to support them and went to TU's SmartMove via BP. It said I didn't have an account... so I made one thinking maybe my previous one was under a different email address.

Nope.

I now have the same login for www.biggerpockets.com/mysmartmove.com as I have for www.mysmartmove.com but guess what? They're somehow completely independent of one another.

Literally: Same email address, same password but two completely different dashboards. The tenants I screened 2 years ago are the most recent thing on one, the tenants I screened the other day are on the other site (the BP one). Can't find either of the tenants in the other site.

Frustrating... and wtf?

Furthermore, I ran into a problem I was concerned I would have in this most recent screening that is holding up the proper screening of applicants which is, in turn, holding up renting my property which, in turn, is costing me money. No one has responded to my submission on the "Contact Us" page, I had to call many numbers this evening to find someone who could give me a number for support and was savvy enough to find a support email posted in a thread here on BP.

What gives? Why don't you have a support number for the landlords/real estate agents?

Has anyone else had this experience or noticed this?

0Reply
29 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    Hi @Eric L.,

    I'm a representative with TransUnion SmartMove. Sorry to hear about your trouble with the screening application, if you send me an email or a note through BiggerPockets we'll be happy to help. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Algonquin, IL (Chicago suburbs) · Member since 2014 · 155 posts · 76 votes
    10y

    Andrea

    Could you post your clarification on this thread, as I am also a user and would like to understand the differences, thanks!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 166 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    I just hung up with Sarah @ TU - she was super helpful. I'll let @Andrea Collatz chime in but, from what I understand, the sites are actually different. TU's app dev team is going to merge both accounts into one.

    Also, it looks like the "What is the minimum Income you are willing to accept from applicants?" question has a field where you can enter a custom number. Sarah explained that that is actually additional income, not a custom income threshold. Good to know and sounds like she will take that back to the dev team to correct. Hopefully the custom field ends up being custom, not just additional. I would rather see both a non-W2 additional income function AS WELL AS a W2 custom income threshold level.

  • Rental Property Investor · Algonquin, IL (Chicago suburbs) · Member since 2014 · 155 posts · 76 votes
    10y

    Thanks @Eric La Pratt! 

  • Englewood, CO · Member since 2014 · 101 posts · 44 votes
    10y

    Hi @Eric L.

    I'm glad to hear Sara was able to help you! That is correct that the BP SmartMove website and mysmartmove.com are separate from each other, so you would need to create a new account/login for each.  If there is anything else we can help with please let us know. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.