Votes
Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Votes |
tenant gave notice and an ultimatum

Matthew Paul#2 Contractors Contributor
  • Severna Park, MD
Posted Jul 9 2016, 17:55

Just got a call from my tenant that gave their 30 days notice .She wants to meet me tomorrow at noon for her final walk thru . Now she says she wont give me the keys until I give her security deposit in full ., then and there . I explained to her thats not how it works , I mentioned some of the damages than I noticed from the outside  ( all the screens and frames are gone , grass is tall , beds are full of weeds ( real small but her responsibility )  And I havent seen the inside empty . I explained I have 45 days .  She says , then I wont get the keys for 45 days .   I told her to go read the Md laws , and that playing that game could be very expensive to her .  She then screams the screens were cheap and thats not her problem   ( brand new windows and screens ) She wont cut the grass the lawn is too big .      

i told her tomorrow , she signs that she has given up the house , hands me the keys  ( I change the locks anyway )  Screens , grass and anyother damages are deducted from the deposit . If not she is still renting and i will file for an eviction etc .   She then says if I dont have a check in hand I wont sign a thing and no keys . 

I am taking a witness with me tomorrow 

Loading replies...