Property Management Companies in Charleston, WV

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Huntington, WV · Member since 2012 · 31 posts · 28 votes
9y

If you are looking for a company in the Kanawha Valley, it is my understanding all property managers in WV must be a licensed real estate agent. I would contact some of the larger real estate companies like Old Colony or Real Estate Central for their contacts and go from there. I personally manage my own properties.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Huntington, WV · Member since 2012 · 31 posts · 28 votes
    9y

    If you are looking for a company in the Kanawha Valley, it is my understanding all property managers in WV must be a licensed real estate agent. I would contact some of the larger real estate companies like Old Colony or Real Estate Central for their contacts and go from there. I personally manage my own properties.

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2015 · 41 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Thomas Good:

    If you are looking for a company in the Kanawha Valley, it is my understanding all property managers in WV must be a licensed real estate agent. I would contact some of the larger real estate companies like Old Colony or Real Estate Central for their contacts and go from there. I personally manage my own properties.

    Great idea... Thanks Thomas!

  • Kim Meredith HamptonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · St Petersburg · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    @Al Wright check out the website that lists professionall property managers by state and area NARPM.org

  • Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2014 · 298 posts · 67 votes
    9y

    I own property in Cross Lanes, WV, and have found managing it from Savannah has been a breeze.  I use Cozy.co to qualify tenants and collect rent.  Good luck!

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2015 · 41 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Kim Meredith Hampton:

    @Al Wright check out the website that lists professionall property managers by state and area NARPM.org

    Thanks for the link... Going to do a search now. :)

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2015 · 41 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    I own property in Cross Lanes, WV, and have found managing it from Savannah has been a breeze.  I use Cozy.co to qualify tenants and collect rent.  Good luck!

    Really? How do you handle repairs and other tenant issues from that far away?

  • Rental Property Investor · Savannah, GA · Member since 2014 · 298 posts · 67 votes
    9y

    The tenant sends me a text when a repair is needed.  I google and make phone calls to schedule the work.   Works fine.  I've done the same in Prineville, OR, too.  That one I even renovated from afar!

  • Charleston, WV · Member since 2015 · 41 posts · 4 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    The tenant sends me a text when a repair is needed.  I google and make phone calls to schedule the work.   Works fine.  I've done the same in Prineville, OR, too.  That one I even renovated from afar!

    That's awesome... I just moved here a few weeks ago. I am at the beginning stages of finding contractors for maintenance, local lenders, etc.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.