Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Michael Perry
  • Hyattsville, MD
Votes |
Is success with turnkey properties actually possible?

Michael Perry
  • Hyattsville, MD
Posted Feb 27 2017, 15:28

So I've been looking at different options to get into the rental real estate arena and for someone who works at a senior management level with a full time job it seems that Turnkey properties would be ideal to at least start out with and start attaining cashflow but I've read good things about TK's and not so good things. My real questions are:

1.) can one actually get real cashflow from a turnkey? 

2.) Is success with TK's something that is just theoretically possible but highly unlikely?

3.) What about exit strategies? It seems for a TK provider to actually make their own money and be successful then their markup would put you in the retail price realm which leaves very little equity if any to start and it seems the properties in the areas that many TK's operate in have a very slow rate of appreciation so how do ever really increase your true net worth or implement a true BRRRR strategy?

I apologize if these questions are very naive, I'm just trying to understand and vet my options for entry into buy and hold very carefully.

Thanks in advance for any time taken to provide info and guidance, it's appreciated.

Loading replies...