Rental Property Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 22 votes
Hi All,
I'd like to hear your thoughts on marketing and renting a townhouse to college students. On one hand I want to target my advertising, lease, tenant acceptance criteria, policies etc. to students and their parents. After all, what is good marketing, what is product positioning if not "discrimination"? On the other hand I don't want to do anything illegal or unethical. Those of you that rent to students, how do you approach that issue? Thanks for your advice!
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
9y
There's nothing wrong with targeting your audience. In other words, only advertise where students are likely to see it such as placing an ad in the college newspaper. You can also contact the campus housing office and see if they can help.
Once you start renting to students, they will likely spread it by word-of-mouth for you.