Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 2 votes
We are brand new to the landlord business and will be purchasing our first house in a few weeks. I am looking for an electronic screening, application, contract and rent collection system. Vertical Rent looks pretty slick but I cannot find much information on them. It appears erentpayment is popular on this site but they do not appear to have a contract component. Are there other online services I should consider? All advice welcome!
Investor · Bayside, NY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Check out ezLandordforms,com : ezLandlordforms , I use them for lease preparation.
I use "American Tenant Screen" for tenant screening : ATS
I use Clearnow for electronic rent payment: Clearnow
I realize that many services offer one stop shopping now, including tenant screening. However, I've been doing REI for many years, and signed up with them when they first appeared, especially ATS. With ATS, they vetted and certified me, a long time ago, including an office visit, so I don't need applicant's approval to pull a report, and I get the actual credit reports that come out from the credit bureaus.
With ezLandlordforms, they're state specific, they guide you through the preparation of documents, conforming to state requirements.
Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 161 votes
9y
Hi @Melissa Bogle what features are you looking for with contracts? Let me know if you are looking for leases or document storage or both and I can message you with more information. Thank you.
Investor · Lincoln, NE · Member since 2008 · 22 posts · 11 votes
9y
Melissa, I use cozy.co to collect tenant payments and have been very happy with them. They provide a number of other features but they do not have a contract component yet.
Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2017 · 169 posts · 119 votes
9y
@Melissa Bogle The reason a lot of software companies are not providing contracts is because every state and even some counties and cities have specific language that needs to accompany legal documents concerned with housing and rentals, so they'd have to provide hundreds if not thousands of versions of these documents. I'm more than happy though to help you find what you are looking for. Feel free to reach out directly if you have some specific forms you're looking for and I'll point you in the right direction.
Investor · Bayside, NY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
9y
Check out ezLandordforms,com : ezLandlordforms , I use them for lease preparation.
I use "American Tenant Screen" for tenant screening : ATS
I use Clearnow for electronic rent payment: Clearnow
I realize that many services offer one stop shopping now, including tenant screening. However, I've been doing REI for many years, and signed up with them when they first appeared, especially ATS. With ATS, they vetted and certified me, a long time ago, including an office visit, so I don't need applicant's approval to pull a report, and I get the actual credit reports that come out from the credit bureaus.
With ezLandlordforms, they're state specific, they guide you through the preparation of documents, conforming to state requirements.
Hi @Melissa Bogle what features are you looking for with contracts? Let me know if you are looking for leases or document storage or both and I can message you with more information. Thank you.
I am looking for a tenant contract template. If it is specific to the state of Oklahoma, that would be terrific! Since this is our first endeavor, I don't think I need document storage more than my trusty home computer.
Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 161 votes
9y
@Melissa Bogle sorry for the late reply as I was going to suggest checking with your local real estate groups but Edward and Raymond already mentioned that. If that lease doesn't work then RocketLawyer and LawDepot are two others besides Ezlandlordforms that have state specific leases.
Also look at this forum to see if there are any additional clauses you would need to add to the state lease as: