Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
MIchael G.
  • union city, nj
Votes |
Need Eviction Help non tenant saying shes not leaving!

MIchael G.
  • union city, nj
Posted Nov 11 2017, 19:39

HELP!!  So I have a tenant who let someone stay with him, but did not tell me about the person staying beyond the terms of the lease - 2 weeks.  It turns out that person is ready to play the system and when I went to the door to speak with my tenant, she answered.... I was like who are you...??  She said I live here... I said no you do not this apartment is leased to the true tenant.  .She immediately was like you cannot evict me unless it goes through the courts.  Mind you my tenant already gave me notice he is leaving..

I called the police... and stepped away from the door as this person is obviously nuts and I was feeling rage.  Police came, I filed a report, in which this person said that I trespassed...uh its my HOUSE!  The police knew she was crazy but took both sides and is filing a report.

Now I'm like WTF.  I call my tenant who is apparently staying at his fathers, and I'm like WTF  - he's like they moved out... uh ... didn't you notice the old dude sleeping in the living room with this crazy person??  He says hes sorry, but now I'm stuck... stressed and had to pull down my ads on rerenting the apartment.  Time to take action.

Got the lease...ok I can get him on not paying the utilities, having people not on the lease and not paying for the increment, and changing the locks...yeah they did that sh@t.

Call first lawyer....75$ just to give me advice...what?  I want an eviction, not a consultation that I should hire you.  I would gladly pay if we can start the process rather than you jerk me over 75$  - next.

So I need to wait till Monday to find another attorney.  I told my tenant I'm going to be suing him for this whole thing, but I'm stressed because I have this risk in my house and I have NO rights.

I think you even need to be registered as a landlord before I can even serve a notice to quit.

For this scenario I cant find anything out there.  Anyone know of good NJ Union City eviction lawyers, or what steps I needs to take?  How long is this going to be?  How much?  The process doesn't stress me more then the fact that this person is so evil that they would steal from me (rent, home, heat) and is just going to walk away with no issues...I mean this person should go to jail just like stealing from a store.  Steal someone's car and its theft.  Steal months in a property and its nothing?

I need help in next steps.  I have struck out with lawyers that can be effective and just execute.  I guess I have to put my faith somewhere.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...