Rental Property Investor · Cedar Park, TX · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 51 votes
8y
I started with Rentigo, but I had some issues with them and they charge fees for normal ACH transfers. On the positive side, I did like their dashboard, but it was not easy to see every the status of transactions. I also liked the feature that late fees could be programmed into it so if the tenant was late, it was automatically charged. My biggest issues was that there is not a way for tenants to pay in installments, and I have 2 tenants that pay ~1/4 of the rent per week. They are never late with the full rent at the time it is due, so I am happy to let them do it this way if it helps them budget. Also, you cannot have multiple people on the same unit, there is only 1 rent payer or you split it and they both need to pay rent. I have switched over to Cozy and although they are a little slower than Rentigo by a day or two, but all the issues are taken care of. My only complaint about Cozy is that late fees cannot be programmed into the software.
At this level of software, I dont think there is one that is what I want without getting a premium package like buildium. Cozy has been the best so far.