Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Gambino
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mobile, AL
Votes |
Got my first tenants and four days in...

Joseph Gambino
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mobile, AL
Posted Sep 2 2018, 16:19
So I have a cottage I was looking to lease and ended up putting two guys in it who are friends. Guy #1 moves in and shows his dad from out of town where he‘ll be living who is in town for Labor Day weekend and to clean out a storage so he can get back out of town. Guy #2 hasn’t completely moved in, helping his mother move out of her place. Guy #1 texts me at 3:11am saying “my dad broke into the cottage, bathroom window is demolished”. Holiday weekend, no contractors are available to replace the window. I mean this thing is fubar. Guy #2 paid first months rent and security deposit, guy #1 has no money vested into this yet. They both signed the lease and understand that all damages are to be paid for by security deposit. Not only all that, guy #1 father destroyed the neighbors mailbox as well and they had the cops out there to files charges and whatnot. Should I just evict these guys? Been there four days, ruined my bathroom, messed up the neighbors yard and have made me look like a complete *** to the neighbors. Would you already evict or fix everything and forget?

Loading replies...