Questions for those who use services like Cozy or Tenant Cloud

Questions for those who use services like Cozy or Tenant Cloud

Property Manager · Twin Falls, ID · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 11 votes
I have been using Rentprep for credit and background checks but am considering using Cozy or TenantCloud as it seems more and more applicants prefer to apply online for convenience. The trouble I am having is their application is very basic. My current application has disclosures that are custom to my properties. I also like to list minimum qualifications before the signature line to avoid any misunderstandings. I’m sure I could email these, however I feel it’s best to have a signature agreeing to the terms. I can see someone who doesn’t qualify coming back disputing they didnt fully understand what the qualifications were. Has anyone found a solution to this?
0Reply
43 views

Most Popular Reply

Lee RipmaPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
7y
@Shannon M. I use TenantCloud and it allows you to make an online application with questions! I do everything through TenantCloud, including background checks and signing leases!
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · DFW, TX · Member since 2013 · 953 posts · 910 votes
    7y

    I use Cozy for rent collection but not applications. I have my own application they must fill out as well because the ones online are too basic. If you want a signature as proof you would have to use Docusign or maybe you could create one in google forms. But you have to have something to show/fax previous landlords and employers anyway so I stick with hard copies. Since I want people to see the unit anyway, they can fill out an application there or take it home and email it back to me. 

  • Property Manager · Twin Falls, ID · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Peter M. Thanks for your input. That’s not a bad idea using google forms. I really like the idea of Cozy but like you I’m leaning on hard copies as most applicants don’t bother applying without viewing the property anyway.

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    @Shannon M. I use TenantCloud and it allows you to make an online application with questions! I do everything through TenantCloud, including background checks and signing leases!
  • Property Manager · Twin Falls, ID · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Lee Ripma Good to know! Apparently I didn’t dig into their services deep enough. I was really looking into Cozy because their site seems clean and intuitive. I’ll have to explore TenantCloud more.

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y
    @Shannon M. It’s a little glitchy but for $9/mo you really can’t beat it. Don’t use the listing syndication feature for Zillow etc make your own Zillow add. But I have all my tenants apply online, do my screening, do smartmove, sign lease, and pay online. I don’t use it for accounting I just have the money go into my checking account and then I do all my actual accounting in quick books. It’ll also auto calculate and bill late fees. It’s good once you get the hang of it.
  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 55 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    @Lee Ripma Sorry for asking this a year after your reply, but could you elaborate on why you don't use Zillow syndication services in TenantCloud? I'm listing my first rental via Tenantcloud and was planning to use the syndication service.

  • Lee RipmaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Mike Trzaska This post is from 2 years ago. They likely fixed the issues with the syndication but it used to be glitchy and not show up correctly. Very likely to be fixed now although I have not checked. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.