Realtor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2013 · 227 posts · 35 votes
So quick question... to all the hands off landlords, how do you keep the leaves on the roof of your rental properties cleared up? Who would normally take care of that? Is it the property manager? Is it the guy who maintains a the lawn? I know I could do it myself right now but when I decide to move away and grow who would eventually take care of it? Just wondering
Rental Property Investor · DFW, TX · Member since 2013 · 953 posts · 910 votes
7y
It is just like any other maintenance item. If the property manager hires someone to do it, they pass the cost to you. If the guy who maintains the lawn agrees to do it, then he will. Simple
Realtor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2013 · 227 posts · 35 votes
7y
@Peter M. Lol true. I guess it is that simple right. I can also just cut the branches back away from the house and never deal wit it again too 🤔. Think that’s what I’ll do!
Rental Property Investor · Edison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 753 posts · 565 votes
7y
@Jonathan Perez We do not use a property manager. We pay someone whom does gutters to clean out the gutters of leaves twice a year. He charges 100 each time and it prevents any clogged gutters. We notify our tenant two days in advance that the gutter man is coming.