Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Morgan Klein
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jefferson, GA
Votes |
How many properties do you have in your LLC?

Morgan Klein
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Jefferson, GA
Posted Dec 12 2018, 20:34

Hey BP - My wife and I started investing in real estate a little over two years ago. We currently have 4 SFRs in our portfolio. We both have good careers in sales (not real estate), with a combined 27 years of earning, saving, and cramming our 401k and IRA coffers. So we have a decent stash of personal assets.

This year I moved the properties into an LLC, primarily so I could separate our personal assets from our properties. Since then, we've made a commitment to increase our REI portfolio. Our 5 year plan includes paying off Our current properties and adding 4-5 additional properties. As the value of our portfolio goes up, so does my concern of risk associated with having all the properties in one LLC. So my question is, how much do you think is too much for one LLC? I set up two additional LLCs when I set up the one our properties are in, with the intention of having each property in its own LLC, before deciding I was ok with the risk of having them all in one LLC (and not wanting to deal with the additional paperwork). Any insight is appreciated!

Loading replies...