Votes
Uneeq Khan
  • Bound Brook, NJ
Votes |
Battling HOA On Leaking Roof For 1 Year

Uneeq Khan
  • Bound Brook, NJ
Posted Apr 23 2019, 04:42

Wasn't sure which forum this topic should be on or if this even fitting topic for these forums but hopefully someone can help me.

I've been battling with my HOA for over a year now about leaks from my roof (April of last year). There are stains in the ceiling of my bedrooms, closets, and bathroom. Theres water damage to the plywood. In the winter, ice and frost developed all over the attic. Theres mold on the plywood and structural beam. Theres puddle of water on attic and wet insulation. Some leaks are dropping on my recessed lighting. I have now put a plastic cover on it to stop it from getting wet but those lights need air circulation. And now I have a squirrel in the attic.

The HOA president has been very lazy and been delay taking actions to fix it. Even the contractors he hire to plug holes said the entire thing needs to be replaced and he's (HOA president) not doing it. Contractor stated trying to plug holes is pointless as theres too many and impossible to get to all of them.

Do I have a case to sue? If not what do I need to build my case? And can anyone recommend a lawyer.

I have a 7 month old daughter. I don't want the mold in the attic to start causing health problems as well as the squirrel that's probably ******** everywhere in the attic. I don't know how to force my HOA to do anything beside a lawsuit.

I have a collection of photos and email and text messages with the HOA president. Some advice and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Loading replies...