Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties
Account Closed
Votes |
Tenant harassment (i have an autistic toddler)

Account Closed
Posted Sep 28 2019, 14:32

The neighbor above me has been stomping over my head very early in the morning 5am and after "quiet hours" late at night well after midnight. She slams doors, she "drops" things which shake my apartment ceiling. I have an autistic child who has sensory processing disorder so the loud noises scare her. For the last few months her cat has been staring into my window, also scaring my autistic child, who is 5. I have an older child(16) who has severe anxiety and depression and has a cat as her emotional support pet, so when this lady's cat comes.to our window my daughter's cat freaks out scratching my child. Now her cat has anxiety the vet has told us. Which makes it difficult to provide support for her. I have contacted the landlord on several occasions, taken pics of the cat at our window, the landlord went on to tell the tenant that I reported her so now she goes around and tells the other tenants that I'm mean and has even used explicatives. I can hear her speaking to tenants when she is outside my window. They tell her if my window is open or not. So I can't even open my window without wondering when her cat is going to come push on my screen and scare my child.

Loading replies...